Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    (“Photos cribbed from Facebook ...”)

Dayummmmmmmmmmm, TOYZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    I haven’t ridden a sj, but have the sxr1500 and js440. I’m not an experienced stand up rider. The sxr was huge in comparison to the Js and an all out animal. I seem to like the js more for the smaller hull, but am only 160 lbs wet so there is a difference there. I loved the power of the 1500 but it made it easier to get hurt. Stability on the sxr was also great. Unfortunately we had lots of issues with our sxr1500. Problems initially after delivery were water intrusion into hull. After that was finally fixed it had fueling issues and electrical issues. Dealer took it back in trade for an 18 fx cruiser.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy either platform or from the looks of your previous posts both platforms. Good luck hunting.

+1
    Thanks everyone - I value y'all's time as much as my own and REALLY APPRECIATE the guidance!

youngDUMP, man, those issues with your old SXR suck and I hope we don't run into anything even remotely similar BUT I am relieved to hear your dealer did right by you (that is, as long as you're happy)! (LOL, Geez, what I’d give to see 160lbs again but, we all know THAT ain’t happenin’ again, ha-ha!) And, I hear ya and I am keeping in mind I am going to have to go at unleashing the horses inside that SXR1500 gradually and progressively - as much that I BUILD MY SKILLS and see a return on my investment as much as avoid injury!

Quick question for everyone: DO ANY OF YOU "PARK" OR PORT YOUR STAND-UP -- ON (really, "over") THE WATER, say, at a dock or anything?

Reason I ask is we live on the water so, no way do I want to have to take the SXR in and out at the public ramp 1/2 away each way … I am just looking for a floating pwc port that works driving a standup onto if at all possible (and I'm not sure the HP Extreme we currently use with our sit-down ski will …)

K447, thanks for the info on the bunk width with your sxr800 - gives me more info to take into account while considering what I'm going to dock the craft on long-term duriung warm months AND while I struggle with whether I want to get a Triton 2-place trailer with just one axle (for $1,750+/-) or pay $3,500+ for the Triton 2-place trailer with 2 axles … (on one hand, 90% of our trailering is 1/2 hour and 15-20 miles at absolute most but, then, I never know, we may want to drive an hour to another, nearby lake, someday (pullin' my hair out, I guess!
    Last edited by Thor; 12-16-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    ... I want to get a Triton 2-place trailer with just one axle (for $1,750+/-) or pay $3,500+ for the Triton 2-place trailer with 2 axles … (on one hand, 90% of our trailering is 1/2 hour and 15-20 miles at absolute most but, then, I never know, we may want to drive an hour to another, nearby lake, someday (pullin' my hair out, I guess!
    The single axle Triton double trailer, especially with torsion axles, is more than sufficient to carry a pair of PWC, even the big models. And long distances are not a concern.

Keep up with the maintenance, trailer bearing grease, that sort of thing. A new Triton trailer will outlast your new skis.

If you want to change the bunks on one side to be a better fit for a narrow width 2-stroke stand-up hull, there is a way to position the bunks closer together than the factory bunk support rails normally allow. Involves aluminum welding, but doable by any competent aluminum fabricator.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The single axle Triton double trailer, especially with torsion axles, is more than sufficient to carry a pair of PWC, even the big models. And long distances are not a concern.

Keep up with the maintenance, trailer bearing grease, that sort of thing. A new Triton trailer will outlast your new skis.

If you want to change the bunks on one side to be a better fit for a narrow width 2-stroke stand-up hull, there is a way to position the bunks closer together than the factory bunk support rails normally allow. Involves aluminum welding, but doable by any competent aluminum fabricator.
    THANK YOU!!!!!

YOU ... JUST ... SAVED ... ME $1,700.00 ——

—— you sure one of your nicknames ain’t “GEICO”

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Quick question for everyone: DO ANY OF YOU "PARK" OR PORT YOUR STAND-UP -- ON (really, "over") THE WATER, say, at a dock or anything?
    I don't, had to settle on a few hundred yards away as I was always a half million away from my house on the water, and am now to old to worry about it! But, my friend has the connected floating PWC roller docks and parks his SuperJet there beside his wife's sit-down Waverunner, no problem. Rides it right up there!

+1
    Awesome, man; Thank You - May seem like a little thing but it’s a huge help to me as: a) the HP Extremes ain’t cheap, b) I need to get on their install schedule before (or at least as close as possible to) our delivery / pickup dates; c) and this is one more thing off my pre-pickup “to do” date!

PS - Congrats on and Enjoy that FX HO !!!

+1
    Always SuperJet!

Eddie

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by youngDUMP View Post
    ...Unfortunately we had lots of issues with our sxr1500. Problems initially after delivery were water intrusion into hull. After that was finally fixed it had fueling issues and electrical issues. ...
    Hey youngDUMP, I just PM’ed you with a couple questions but, I didn’t see anyway I could attach the photo I took of the Service Manual page I mentioned in that PM so, fwiw, I am posting that photo here ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2578FDA-239D-419F-AA55-72C67E08C080.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	449113  

Superjet is the most fun PWC ever made once you learn how to ride it, my Couch sits on the trailer 90% of the time now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information