2017 FX SVHO Rear Exit Exhaust

Hi all,

anyone recommend either the Worx or riva rear exit exhaust for my SVHO ? currently have the Riva freeflow exhaust using the standard exit and canít stand the drone between 3k - 4K revs !

cheers

alan

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamdude View Post
    Hi all,

anyone recommend either the Worx or riva rear exit exhaust for my SVHO ? currently have the Riva freeflow exhaust using the standard exit and canít stand the drone between 3k - 4K revs !

cheers

alan
    Either will work. Be prepared for a arm wrestling match. I have the riva

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I installed the Riva rear exhaust on my Gp 1800. It sounds so much better than the free flow. Riva or Worx should be good. The difference between then is Riva uses an aluminum tube and Worx uses a silicone tube. My guess would be that the silicone tube gives a more mellow subdued sound while the riva is raspier due to the hard aluminum pipe.

+1
    Worx is a little more quiet, very smooth noise as its all silicone.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Thats exactly it... The riva is a aluminum pipe no where near the drone of the free flow but still has some noise. If you're looking for quiet rear exit the silicone tube of the works is the way to go. The works tip does not fit flush on the rear of the hull either you'll be silicone or grinning. The riva tip fits pretty well.
    Last edited by Saum700p; 12-17-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks guys I’ll go for the riva as it sounds like the exit fits better can’t be a droney as the freeflow

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamdude View Post
    Thanks guys I’ll go for the riva as it sounds like the exit fits better can’t be as droney as the freeflow
    The drone will still be there, as this is the resonance inherent in the "system" - aka the 1.8L rpm frequency & the exhaust length/volume.

Expectations managed... the pump tunnel acts like a tuba-horn amplifier, so you'll likely see a 50% drop in the drone intensity switching to a thru-hull port because the noise, well, will be directed more away from you. Yet, I've observed that rpm range, the ski's trailing wake will angle the water as such to reflect a lot of the drone back at you.

Agree with the silicone -vs- aluminum opinions, can soften somewhat.

The only real "drone solution" is to de-resonate the system via an added half-wave resonator. While I did not pay much attention in science class, I wanna say an online calculator I explored put the resonator length needed at around 18 inches +/- 20%.
    Me? I'm custom thru-hull, and I decided on an inline custom fabricated baffle chamber for now. Love it.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I have the through hull on my GP and my friend I mostly ride with has the free flow. The difference is huge. The through hull has a little of a rumble below about 4300 rpm. The noise is worst betweeen 3800 and 4300. Below that there is a litttle more noise than stock. Above that it’s no louder than stock. The free flow will rattle your teeth below about 4500 rpm. It’s annoying as hell from the seat

Thread Information