+1

What ECU will work on my 4tec?

Hey gang,
    I recently fried one of my ECUs on my 2004 N/A Speedster 200. I started the engine with the charger pumping out 6A. Next time I went out, my #2 plug didn't fire. Swapped ECU to other motor and problem followed.

I recently bought another ECU off eBay but misunderstood the description. Apparently, it had faults. It apparently can't see the throttle position sensor and gives CEL. Anyone know if this is something that can be fixed with a reflash?

I'm looking at another ECU here, but its part number is different. The one I have is 644 132, and the one available is from a 2006 GTX with part no 644 136. Know if that will work for me? I heard not to buy the 130 or 131 ECUs as they had some sort of issues, but what about the later numbers??

I do have a BUDS, but have never been able to interface it with my DESS to assign new keys. However, I do have the option of turning DESS off. If you have an ECU with no key laying around, I'm interested!

I used a 155 ecu on my 215 rxp but I got it flashed works fine... but I'm not sure sorry

+1
    Where do you go to get it flashed and what does it cost? I wonder if they can just flash the one I have and fix the issue with it...

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the speedster ecu is sort of unique as the console if I recall is not like a standard 4-tec and twin engine models require two of them

part #

so the ecu you want will have the 664131 on the label

you might find one that will run the engine, but expect console faults to be reported

you might want to call a friendly dealer , as the part number may have been superseded.

new ones seem to be available, but pricey.

might pay to send it out to be repaired.

+1
    My old one had part number 644132. I bought one off a ski and am getting a CEL for the TPS. BUDS confirms that it doesn't see the throttle movement at all. I took the old broken one apart and there are no big capacitors or anything in there. Just a bunch of tiny diodes and large silicone chips. Not sure how that can be repaired. It's all potted in silicone as well. I destroyed it to get it open.

Quote Originally Posted by IDoSeaDoo View Post
    Where do you go to get it flashed and what does it cost? I wonder if they can just flash the one I have and fix the issue with it...
    I got it flashed by chris ( slow91 )

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IDoSeaDoo View Post
    My old one had part number 644132. I bought one off a ski and am getting a CEL for the TPS. BUDS confirms that it doesn't see the throttle movement at all. I took the old broken one apart and there are no big capacitors or anything in there. Just a bunch of tiny diodes and large silicone chips. Not sure how that can be repaired. It's all potted in silicone as well. I destroyed it to get it open.

there are outfits that do all sorts of things with ecu's

for a price of course

sometimes its just a diode, but you need the equipment and soldering expertise to have a chance of repairing any engine controller

I would certainly look into the possibility of flashing a similar ECU with the image for the correct one your boat, that would help with the console display issues and any subtle changes in the ignition curves considering the hull size of the craft. Its alot to get up on plane

Thread Information