Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2008 FX SHO Cruiser Mods

I'm looking to jump the Seadoo ship and get into a Yamaha. I've found a clean less than 50 hours FX SHO Cruiser. I want a ski that will run mid 70's though so i'm trying to devise a plan to determine if I want to pull the trigger or not. Been doing a ton of reading. Basically want a lake cruiser that will rip! What does it take to get a 08 FX SHO Cruiser into the mid 70's and not dramatically affect reliability. The ski already has a Kanaflex, Free Flow Exhaust, and a new in box solas. Of course the prop means nothing unless its the correct pitch for the mods. A ribbon delete and a Jims plate would be first on the list. Will a MaptunerX work on a 08? I'm still mind blown over no Supercharger Maintenance.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Why SHO instead of SVHO?

The SVHO engine is stronger stock, and MaptunerX provides even more.

+1
    SVHO's are over double the price of what I could get this SHO for.

Maptuner is suppose to work with it but it didn't work for my 08 model (well just the boost limiter couldn't be erased so had to run a riva boost clamp with it). You need to message Jerry and send him your serial number on the ECU to find out if it will work for sure.

Lake Lion
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Why SHO instead of SVHO?

The SVHO engine is stronger stock, and MaptunerX provides even more.
    Strange question...
    Anyway, ET18 wheel, SVHO injectors, Deans Team reflash and SVHO intercooler. If you are NOT on Santa's naughty list, have her get you a Fizzle.

6. +1 by:

WFO

+1
    ^ That's what I was looking for. ^ Thanks for the reply. On the maptuner some sites say 09 and up and some have 08 listed. Valid point on trying to get a SVHO though for what it will cost to tune up the SHO. I've been in the Seadoo game for a long time and im trying to learn the Yamaha's. Tired of supercharger issues. I rebuilt the supercharger in my 08 RXP-X at 67 hours and had done plenty prior. About 15 hours after that my buddies and I drug our skis 8 hours to Destin FL. The first day there two hours into riding down the Santa Rosa sound I lost 400 rpm and the motor shut off. Got towed back to the hotel and found a bearing had failed in a 15 hour supercharger.... I was stuck riding my gf's Wake 155 for the rest of the time there. Fun, but not blasting out Destin Pass on a P-X fun... Seems like the Yamaha's are not immune to supercharger clutch issues, but it doesn't seem as wide spread.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skewba98z28 View Post
    What does it take to get a 08 FX SHO Cruiser into the mid 70's and not dramatically affect reliability.
    Well.... for reference-sake, here's a post of 4 years ago....

Link : http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210463

Note the OP's claimed speeds, rpms, and mod-inventory.

+1
    Plenty of performance ecu available used along with bolt on mods, intercooler, bigger boost wheel, and prop intake great and ride plate. If you are going for more boost upgrade the clutch and possibly the shaft now then you start to play with the tune

a 10 year old motor wonít come apart as easy as the videos...... and order a billet throttle body mount before doing ribbon delete (might need a gasket too) you will need to increase rpm to get over 70 and that will effect reliability plenty of info on what is needed to get where

i would consider a deans team ecu mod unless you are going to do lots of tweaks and edit your maps.

good news yds1.33 is cheap and gives you a full diagnostics for the ski for maintenance

+1
    i have an 09 fx sho with Vtech stage 2, diy type 13 intercooler, riva air intake, TJ exhaust mod, jims plate, r&d cam gears, r&d intake grate and pump seal kit running 75mph all day, peaks at 76mph.

i dont think the cam gears actually did much. stock yamaha prop and stock boost wheel.

on our other 09 fx sho it had the same ECU flash, B1 wheel, fizzle, 13/23 prop, intake grate, air intake...ran 74mph peak.

so with the stock wheel and prop i can achieve the same speed, not sure whether the 13/23 was slowing it down too much.

+1
    I've got a shaft for sale in adds section

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information