Fault code p0122

Hi, I'm new to this forum and appreciate any help I can get. I have a Scarab 165 with a 4-tec engine so same as Sea Doo.

I have p0122 fault code that is a TPS short to ground.

I also after warm up (3 min) getting rough idle and fluctuating RPM on any level, surge and wont go over 6000 RPM.

I went to mechanic, but even he cant figure it out. I switched out the TPS (tested with 3 now). He had an extra TB that he switch out with but still same code. I for a while got an o2 Sensor code (p0133) but when mechanic checked with BUDS it was not an active code and is cleared. I disconnected TPS and checked connection with a volt meter and runs 5v. Mechanic said he will have to do more research but he said it could be the computer or change the wire housing. Both dirt expensive.

I'm about to change the battery since I noticed it wont hold up that great, but don't think anything will change. Anyone has any good suggestions?

Thanx

//G

Pull all connectors apart and check for corrosion, including the Ecu ones. Remove all ground cables and clean with Sand paper and the mounting surfaces. Reinstall using dielectric grease. What horse power is it?

Hi Tintman20. Thank you for the tip. I pulled every connection on the ecu and and TPS. Everything looked fine. But finally there is a bundle of cables that goes from the front to the engine (will get pictures soon) where there was a cable that I assume has been repaired before I got the boat that had a Crimp Connector that was not crimped correctly and one out of the 6 cables was loose. So now the P0122 is gone. The problem is that I still get the P0133 (that I thought was a result of a faulty TAS) is still there, and with a fluctuating RPM. I switched the upstreams with downstreams o2 sensor, but didnt help. At least I'm one step closer to a fun boat.

I have a scarab 195 Impulse. And I got the o2 code one time and changed both o2s and it took like over a hour of run time b4 the light would go away. But it took me a while of messing around with it before i I figured that out because I figured the light would go off right away with the O2’s being new !

Thank you for that. That makes me feel better. Did you have any issues with the engine performance while you had the code?

Not once there where changed ! Like light cane on when it was on the hose I was not on the water and The reason the light came on is because the Cadillac converter was vibrating a part in it leaked water to the O2 sensor

I have to check that. I'm worried that the exhaust clam might not be totally fit and I have a exhaust leak there, but it has to be very small since I don't smell any exhaust in the engine room after riding for a while.

Thread Information