Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    540
    +1
    50

    Anyone tried the ET Water Cooler for the 300 charger??

    Has anyone tried the ET Water Cooler for the 300 Charger? If so, how well does it fit and did you have any issues with it leaking? Only reason I ask is because the 300 charger has a bunch of raised stiffeners that the O-Ring will need to seal over unlike the 260 charger and that has me a bit concerned. Im also confused as to why Jerry has it for sale here but its not even on the Engine Tech site.


    Engine-Tech Sea-Doo Supercharger Billet Water Cooler for 300 hp skis

    This billet water cooler fits onto your existing supercharger Testing has shown reduction in front housing temperature by 45 degrees and outlet temperatures from 210 degrees down to 165 degrees. The rear housing dropped from 265 degrees down to 210 degrees. The charge temp at the intake manifold dropped 3 degrees. This is a must have item for any supercharger equipped Sea Doo.
    ET Water cooler2-300hp $249.00



  2. #2
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,751
    +1
    1,570
    I had the cooler on an ET 68/140 which I bought used from a member here for my 2008 TX. It was sealed to the front cover very well; no leaks. I'm sure Jerry's is leak free as well. You'll need a water supply (low pressure) and dump. With the extra width it adds to the charger, removing the charger was a little more difficult, but still doable.

  3. #3
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    540
    +1
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    I had the cooler on an ET 68/140 which I bought used from a member here for my 2008 TX. It was sealed to the front cover very well; no leaks. I'm sure Jerry's is leak free as well. You'll need a water supply (low pressure) and dump. With the extra width it adds to the charger, removing the charger was a little more difficult, but still doable.
    I guess I should have added I currently have the water cooler for my 68-140 charger so i already have all the cooling lines in place. I am in the process of converting over to the 300 142 charger. I really just want to hear from someone who has first hand experience with the 300 water cooler given the complexity of the front cover of the 300 charger.

  4. #4
    The et cooler installed on my charger and using the new larger carbon ring hat. It is next to impossible to install the charger as the et cooler larger surface area portion hits the larger hat and cannot align charger with PTO hole while the pump drive shaft is installed. had to remove pump and move shaft over just a bit to get charger into pto. I have no leaks on mine either.

  5. #5
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    540
    +1
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaticAssault13 View Post
    The et cooler installed on my charger and using the new larger carbon ring hat. It is next to impossible to install the charger as the et cooler larger surface area portion hits the larger hat and cannot align charger with PTO hole while the pump drive shaft is installed. had to remove pump and move shaft over just a bit to get charger into pto. I have no leaks on mine either.
    Are you using the cooler on a 260 or 300 charger?

    But I ran into this same issue with the water cooler on my 260 charger. I would have to pull the pump and move the shaft down just a bit. I have a machine shop at work so my plan now is to turn down the OD of the top hat just a bit so that it will clear the charger/cooler.

  6. #6
    marcroberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pomona Kansas
    Posts
    133
    +1
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    Has anyone tried the ET Water Cooler for the 300 Charger? If so, how well does it fit and did you have any issues with it leaking? Only reason I ask is because the 300 charger has a bunch of raised stiffeners that the O-Ring will need to seal over unlike the 260 charger and that has me a bit concerned. Im also confused as to why Jerry has it for sale here but its not even on the Engine Tech site.


    Engine-Tech Sea-Doo Supercharger Billet Water Cooler for 300 hp skis

    This billet water cooler fits onto your existing supercharger whether it be stock or after market providing it is the newer style front housing with...
    ET Water cooler2-300hp $249.00

    Yes you have to pull pump and shaft yes Art is making a adjustment to make housing clear to keep from the added work. And if you use the 5mm taller hat this is your clearance on housing. As far as intake temp drops I cannot tell you at this time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181022_181146.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	442335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181022_172618.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	442336

  7. #7
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,751
    +1
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    I guess I should have added I currently have the water cooler for my 68-140 charger so i already have all the cooling lines in place. I am in the process of converting over to the 300 142 charger. I really just want to hear from someone who has first hand experience with the 300 water cooler given the complexity of the front cover of the 300 charger.
    Well, I assumed you would understand that there is very little difference engine wise between the 255, 260, and 300 in regards to supercharger removal, old style hat vs new style hat, and add in the added width of the cooler. I should have been more clear. The cooler was not a popular performance item because of water routing, improper sealing/water leaks, and adding difficulty in SCer removal.

  8. #8
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    540
    +1
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Well, I assumed you would understand that there is very little difference engine wise between the 255, 260, and 300 in regards to supercharger removal, old style hat vs new style hat, and add in the added width of the cooler. I should have been more clear. The cooler was not a popular performance item because of water routing, improper sealing/water leaks, and adding difficulty in SCer removal.
    Your correct, I am fully aware of how similar the 255, 260, and 300 motors are and that there will not be much difference in terms of supercharger removal/install and how the water cooler will interfere with the top hat, and I have a plan to resolve that issue. I am also aware of how difficult it can be to get the 260 water cooler to seal properly as I bought mine used and had to reverse engineer the necessary O-Ring sizes from the deteriorated original ones, but once I found the right ones I haven't had a single issue with it leaking. But I am not at all concerned with the installation/removal difficulties, or the water routing or the temperature decrease. lol I feel like my original inquiry has been somewhat misinterpreted/misunderstood.

    The only thing I want to know is how does the ET Water Cooler for the 300 charger seal over the stiffeners that are present on the 300 charger that were not present on the 260 charger? I would be happy if someone could just post a pic of the outer seal on the new 300 water cooler.

  9. #9
    marcroberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pomona Kansas
    Posts
    133
    +1
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    Your correct, I am fully aware of how similar the 255, 260, and 300 motors are and that there will not be much difference in terms of supercharger removal/install and how the water cooler will interfere with the top hat, and I have a plan to resolve that issue. I am also aware of how difficult it can be to get the 260 water cooler to seal properly as I bought mine used and had to reverse engineer the necessary O-Ring sizes from the deteriorated original ones, but once I found the right ones I haven't had a single issue with it leaking. But I am not at all concerned with the installation/removal difficulties, or the water routing or the temperature decrease. lol I feel like my original inquiry has been somewhat misinterpreted/misunderstood.

    The only thing I want to know is how does the ET Water Cooler for the 300 charger seal over the stiffeners that are present on the 300 charger that were not present on the 260 charger? I would be happy if someone could just post a pic of the outer seal on the new 300 water cooler.
    Art has notched out around the raised area's and it seals with plain ole silicone. I pressure tested mine on bench and had one very small leak. I patched more silicone let cure retested and no more leak.
    Remember it is very low pressure going thru.

  10. #10
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    540
    +1
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by marcroberts View Post
    Art has notched out around the raised area's and it seals with plain ole silicone. I pressure tested mine on bench and had one very small leak. I patched more silicone let cure retested and no more leak.
    Remember it is very low pressure going thru.
    Ok this is what I was looking for. So does he still have an O-ring that goes around the perimeter, or is it just silicone now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2018, 05:39 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-25-2017, 12:35 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2017, 10:35 AM
  4. SOLD ET Super charger cooler
    By BigDaddyRXP in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 07:50 PM
  5. FS fxho water box, oil cooler top and vx oil cooler bottom
    By spyder3000gtvr4 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 09:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •