Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'15 FX HO Wont Start

Hi All -

Got a 2015 FX HO that always starts like clockwork. I've let it sit for probably 8-12 weeks since the last ride and today I had planned to pull it out of the water and store it for winter (in NC). Battery was naturally dead so I jumped it off.

She turns over but won't start. I pulled the plugs and saw nothing sinister. I do have a flashing engine light.

Here's a couple of videos - would appreciate any and all troubleshooting advice!

+1
    Have you checked for a code?

Total nOOb here - how would I go about checking? Do I need a reader?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Maybe the jumper pack for the battery is not enough?

Pull the battery out and properly charge it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Maybe the jumper pack for the battery is not enough?

Pull the battery out and properly charge it?
    this is my first thought too. Need to use a new hot battery. You are asking that jump pack to run the starter, ignition coils, fuel pump, bilge pump, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nunyagd View Post
    No. Here's how:
    Attempt to start it again. When it does not start and you see the warning light flashing, press-and-hold the select/mode button (usually selects MPH/KPH) on the gauges until a code comes up where the speed LCD readout is.
    Update:
    I'm not totally familiar with the 2015 FXHO gauges, the mode/reset button might be nearest the glove-box, right side.
    Last edited by TimeBandit; 11-22-2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: button location on 2015

Thanks to all for the replies. I went out, hit the start button to wake it up, got the flashing warning lights and proceeded to press every button, one by one, for 12 seconds... the display never changed.

Any other ideas on how I can get this thing to tell me what's up?

+1
    Thanks to all for the replies. I went out, hit the start button to wake it up, got the flashing warning lights and proceeded to press every button, one by one, for 12 seconds... the display never changed.

Any other ideas on how I can get this thing to tell me what's up?
    I am not familiar with the 2015 model.........but should be similar to previous years..........press the start button........then press the two buttons under the steering Column (Speed / RPM & Volt / Hour above the glovebox) on the L/H side simultaneously.......for up to 8 seconds. This should throw up a code......01 being normal

Just re listened to that first video........the battery sounds like it is struggling to turn the motor over.......should be a little more lively then that.....as the others have said...get the battery fully charged......although a flat battery would not trigger the check engine light.

+1
    Check engine light is on (flashing) has to be a code fault surely?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181123_223919.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	442273

10. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I'd wager a furry visitor has gnawed some of the engine harness. as the weather starts to change they start looking for winter hideouts. if you stored outside or a questionable garage, check for rodent signs in the footwells ( don't touch rodent turds barehanded) and then look into he hull. they like to sharpen their teeth right where the wiring enters the connector.

I'd suspect the crank sensor wiring was attacked, but do try to get the code off the console. you have to hold the button down for several seconds before the code displays

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information