Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bounce at 83+

+1

Bounce at 83+

So rxt 260
    I am having this problem of bouncing at 83+ sometimes even lower 80 to where one little thing will send me into a bounce and if I dont let off gets more prominent

Ie starts as a little bounce then like dolphining

Is there a way to stop this? Or is it just the nature of the beast

+1
    Very common issue. As your fuel load gets lighter you have to run the trim down.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Yeah now you say that mostly happens with low fuel

+1
    Yea you are 100% into the bucking/overstuff range for this hull. If all you have seen so far are small bumps which progressively get worse count yourself very lucky. Normally what happens is you will get to around 83 and then all of a sudden the back end of the ski will jump a foot or so out of the water, then the nose digs in, throwing you into the handlebars and the ski tries to do an immediate 90 deg turn while you continue on straight (THE END)...... Imagine riding a bull at 80 mph thats what its like. lol

This happens because more water is flowing into the pump than the pump can process and that excess water has to go somewhere.

As far as solutions, you can add pressure relief valves to the tunnel to release some of the excess pressure. Search around there are a bunch of threads on this topic. Another thing to note is to avoid chopping the throttle at these speeds as this will almost certainly cause a buck.

+1
    All I can say is lock into that seat and you should be able to weather it. Usually it feels like riding over a speed bump. Seems like about 82gps that issue starts happening. Reliefs will solve it but cost you about 1mph each. Some crazy person on here has gone 94 with 8 big reliefs and a whole bunch of boost

+1
    I think i have not stuffed because the hole on my reducer washer for the water inlet is open to as big as I could make it with out going to the gasket part and I have 3. 3/4 outlets one for engine and oil cooler with no thermostat so no restriction one for intercooler and one for exhaust so I think I'm relieveing alot of that pressure because I have hit 85

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meinstein1987 View Post
    I think i have not stuffed because the hole on my reducer washer for the water inlet is open to as big as I could make it with out going to the gasket part and I have 3. 3/4 outlets one for engine and oil cooler with no thermostat so no restriction one for intercooler and one for exhaust so I think I'm relieveing alot of that pressure because I have hit 85
    Interesting, but still doesn't seem like it would be enough...but the fact you haven't flown off yet guess proves your right. Didn't you do something with your grate?

hes talking about pressure relief valves installed into the tunnel, not from the engine, two different worlds

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r1goombah View Post
    hes talking about pressure relief valves installed into the tunnel, not from the engine, two different worlds

Just a little different. Lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r1goombah View Post
    I think you missed something. He says he opened up the restrictor washer all the way between the pump and hull. That's when I made my comment that I don't think that would've been enough of a relief. I think we are all on the same page telling him to install more reliefs. Maybe he has some magical grate mod...I've known a bunch of guys with this same problem and it always comes down to X number of reliefs depending on speed. Most all of them monitor pressures and try to maintain a certain pump tunnel pressure to avoid the condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information