Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I had a prop\pump which made some tinkling noises when running, was on the limiter and speed was down as well about 3mph. I too had a hard time getting the pump off but more beer and some light tapping with a rubber mallet help to remove it. I replaced with new Solas prop and SS housing for the SHO and I have now put on over 100hrs of trouble free fun. Speed was back and the revs were down a little as the pump was so snug, I have since been buying more bits to go faster as money allows.
    Take your time putting it back together, it goes back much easier but take time to seal pieces together and Loctite all you bolts back there - lots of pressure and vibration so you don't want a problem of your own making.

Cheers

Dave

+1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mata View Post
    Working on this on my vx 110, allready pressed out ss ring, cleaned everything and waiting to arrive new plastic ring from e bay. Than if it not fits, if it is too big, what i expect to be, will go with housing to machine shop and machine housing to fit plastic wear ring.....
    Nice work I expect you will have to machine the housing for the plastic liner......good idea any way so that the housing is cleaned up.

Same goes for pressing in new stainless.........machine out the housing & press new stainless in, using loctite......this should stop any corrosion occurring.........the OM liner is installed with no sealer in between housing & liner.

+1
    Yes, correct, it will be machined and at same time cleaned from corosion befor pressing in put a tin layer of loctite whic will act as selant and hold ring to not spin insid of housing and i hope it will be OK .

After just changing plastic rings... when they are worn out....

+1
    So here it is.
    So it is possible just to machine old housing ( 15 euro + 20 euro new plastic ring) which is way less expensive than buying a whole new housing. Just i had to order new solas 18/22 because this impeler has been worn out from old bubbled-swollen housing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wear ring 1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	443259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wear ring 2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	443260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wear ring 3.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	443261  

+1
    That prop clearance looks to big...did you measure it ? may just be the photo...if your prop clearance is over .003 it will cavitate like crazy. with the plastic wear ring it should shave a very small amount of material creating the perfect gap....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    That prop clearance looks to big...did you measure it ? may just be the photo...if your prop clearance is over .003 it will cavitate like crazy. with the plastic wear ring it should shave a very small amount of material creating the perfect gap....
    txgp 1300r sorry i dont want to be rude but it seems that you did not read my post till end...

But you are right gap i huge because my impeller is worn out from old wear ring so i ordered solas 18/22 new impeller...

+1
    ok..cool...I thought that the photo was of your finished product......I have done several sea-doo wear rings and like the very tight clearance you get with the Delrin wear ring.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information