new ibr module, dash won't light up, ski still starts

solved:idiot me had the accessory fuse out for some reason, checked all the fuses with a multimeter even and then last second was looking at the block in despair and saw some empty shiny metal prongs staring back at me. how that fuse got knocked out i have no clue. slapped another 3amp in and cel is gone, though i have a new cel for p0342, the fun never ends...

so i just got a replacement ibr module for my rxt-x aS and plugged it in, and when i powered up the dash does not light up or respond at all(which has never ever been a problem.

if the ibr module was not initialized could it cause that to where the gauge would go blank and unresponsive? no lights rpm nothing.

i did try lifting the rear of the top deck but could not get the engine cover off but aborted when i could not get the brass/rubber compression nuts off engine cover(just spinning in place), could be related maybe pulled on a wire? which though i don't see where i would have pulled anything out.

ski starts and runs, not sure what's going on. any help appreciated, the dealer in south miami have shown themselves to be incompetent when it comes to seadoos and so i don't have a lot of good recourse, if anyone knows good shops in miami i'm all ears.

super frustrated hopefully not in over my head on this ski.
    Last edited by Wrxkyle; 11-16-2018 at 08:00 PM.

+1

new ibr module, dash won't light up, ski still starts

Quote Originally Posted by Wrxkyle View Post
    so i just got a replacement ibr module for my rxt-x aS and plugged it in, and when i powered up the dash does not light up or respond at all(which has never ever been a problem.

if the ibr module was not initialized could it cause that to where the gauge would go blank and unresponsive? no lights rpm nothing.

i did try lifting the rear of the top deck but could not get the engine cover off but aborted when i could not get the brass/rubber compression nuts off engine cover(just spinning in place), could be related maybe pulled on a wire? which though i don't see where i would have pulled anything out.

ski starts and runs, not sure what's going on. any help appreciated, the dealer in south miami have shown themselves to be incompetent when it comes to seadoos and so i don't have a lot of good recourse, if anyone knows good shops in miami i'm all ears.

super frustrated hopefully not in over my head on this ski.
    Did you install it or one one else ??? Was it new or used ??? Try unplugging the ibr connector and see if the cluster turns back on if yes then something wrong with it .
    Last edited by DR2006RXP; 11-16-2018 at 06:19 PM.

i installed it, brand new, tried unplugging it and plugging back in the old one, no dice so far

ibr is actually already flashed, so that's a bonus. idiot me must have pulled out the accessory fuse- . was about to start ordering a new harness convinced i ripped something unbolting the top deck. checked all the fuses and they were all good none blown, then just before putting the cover on was like "hey what the hell, i see you there bare terminals, you must be there for a reason..."

second time this weeks i've been working on something troubleshooting the world and it ended up being a fuse... fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice shame on me... always check the small stuff.
    Last edited by Wrxkyle; 11-16-2018 at 07:58 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrxkyle View Post
    i installed it, brand new, tried unplugging it and plugging back in the old one, no dice so far
    Look over all the fuses .

Thread Information