310 Exhaust filter

Hi guys, well after 6 years on the ultra platform I finally have a failed exhaust filter, no sign of it in back of water box but plenty of black silt in there, my question is is there any chance the filter can escape completely through the exhaust or is gonna be in the water box? Iím got limited time before riding Saturday so am hoping it may be gone.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmymajic View Post
    Hi guys, well after 6 years on the ultra platform I finally have a failed exhaust filter, no sign of it in back of water box but plenty of black silt in there, my question is is there any chance the filter can escape completely through the exhaust or is gonna be in the water box? I’m got limited time before riding Saturday so am hoping it may be gone.
    can the filters fall apart and exit the exhaust totally .....YES
    can they get stuck inside the baffle areas .....YES .... this extra back pressure is the cause of rubber exhaust hose failure and increased cylinder temps that can and will damage an engine if not corrected

So yes if you are 100% sure that after checking the inside of the waterbox with a camera/borescope that all the bits of the filter are gone, then yes your good to go.

Waz

Yea it was wedged good and proper in the baffle I had to open the water box to get it out luckily no further damage so should have a good day on the water tomoz.
    thanks waz.

Thread Information