Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Worx Racing Fuel Regulator Install

Hi All

Got my Worx Racing Fuel Regulator but have no instructions and could not find anything posted. Even looked thru the SHO parts manual and could not find any part by name that resembles the Worx regulator. The Web site says its an In-tank replacement part but I never been in that part of the Ski. Anyone played around in there or replace the fuel filter\grate etc?

Cheers

Dave
    2011 FX SHO
    ET Low boost wheel and Stage 2 Maptun and some other goodies.

WORX Yamaha 1.8L Fuel Pressure Regulator

In tank replacement increases fuel pressure approx 10psi Cost effective alternative to External fuel regulator Ideal for Low boost applications and...
    WR04025 $99.00

+1
    Below is an image from the Riva instructions. With the Worx regulator you only need to replace the factory regulator.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel regulator.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	441905  

3. +1 by:

Thanks SuperAir

I can now get the job done with some level of confidence, thankyou so much. I just love this site!

Great speed by the way in your signature. I think I better get the cold air intake as I am still only about 70mph @ 7900rpm and a Solas 13/22 prop. Mid 70's would be fast enough for me and Santa is not going to bring me a Fizzle!

Cheers

Dave
    Last edited by Spi200; 11-13-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: typo

+1
    Did you not make it onto Santa's "Nice" list this year Dave??

Quote Originally Posted by Spi200 View Post
    Thanks SuperAir

I can now get the job done with some level of confidence, thankyou so much. I just love this site!

Great speed by the way in your signature. I think I better get the cold air intake as I am still only about 70mph @ 7900rpm and a Solas 13/22 prop. Mid 70's would be fast enough for me and Santa is not going to bring me a Fizzle!

Cheers

Dave

How good would it be if you woke up Xmas morning and found a Fizzle Intercooler under the tree!

Install Xmas day and out on the water on Boxing day, usually about 80 degrees here in Sydney that time of year and everyone hits the water or beaches.

Cheers

Dave

+1
    Mate this regulator with this tune is not compatible, either go with a proper rising rate or try ask Jesus to see what he can do for you. I ran the exact same set up in my ski and it went all wrong after like 20 hours of use or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernies10 View Post
    Mate this regulator with this tune is not compatible, either go with a proper rising rate or try ask Jesus to see what he can do for you. I ran the exact same set up in my ski and it went all wrong after like 20 hours of use or so.

Hi Bernie.

Sorry to hear you had a problem, what happened to you. I have been running the Stage 2 tune for the 2011 SHO for about 130 hrs on the stock pump\regulator with no problems and saw that the Worx regulator is for low boost setups. I run the ET Low boost wheel but only at 7900 at this stage.
    I should really get a air\fuel sensor fitted but would like to hear what happen.

I would have thought if you were running lean that a problem would show up well under 20 hrs, but maybe something else.

Cheers

Dave

+1
    Hi Dave, I ran the worx regulator with this same tune (maptune stage 2). the ski had incredible midrange! I also had the ET low boost set up, however after 25 hours ish it began to stutter real bad in the low rpms (hesitate). Seemed like the ski was running very rich down low as this regulator is a 10 psi static if im not mistaken. Eventually ski had gas in oil and I was lucky not to have suffered more. The regulator has sat on my shelf ever since. After that I went with the riva and no problem whatsoever until I sold the ski!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bernies10 View Post
    Hi Dave, I ran the worx regulator with this same tune (maptune stage 2). the ski had incredible midrange! I also had the ET low boost set up, however after 25 hours ish it began to stutter real bad in the low rpms (hesitate). Seemed like the ski was running very rich down low as this regulator is a 10 psi static if im not mistaken. Eventually ski had gas in oil and I was lucky not to have suffered more. The regulator has sat on my shelf ever since. After that I went with the riva and no problem whatsoever until I sold the ski!
    Thanks for getting back to me,

Been worried since I saw your post, wow fuel in the oil...Not sure how that has happened. The job of switching out the regulator was not a pleasant job at all so not going to dive back into the front of the Ski this weekend but I will proceed with caution and keep and eye on things more closely.
    Its warming up here in OZ so just changed the oil\filter in readiness to spend some time on the water.

Cheers

Dave

+1
    Id recommend an afr gauge at the very least, had I had one running I would have caught it early and saved myself opening up my block. Eventually after the worx I went with an R&D and that never worked properly for me either! The Et low boost was a great set up tho! Aside from my fueling issues my ski was a warrior!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information