Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Riva SCOM (300) Feedback Please

I have a 18 RXP 300 and am considering adding a SCOM. It seems like several of these have been problematic, even DOA at times. Was this with early units only? Some of the threads report difficulties with RIVA replacing the bad units.

Are there any conflicts electronically when adding a SCOM?

Thanks

RIVA Sea-Doo 2018+ Speed Control Override Module for 300HP Skis

The RIVA Speed Control Override Module removes the restrictive GPS speed control function on Sea-Doo iControl models delivering significant increases...
    RS11090-SCOM-18 $199.95

+1

Riva SCOM (300) Feedback Please

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    I have a 18 RXP 300 and am considering adding a SCOM. It seems like several of these have been problematic, even DOA at times. Was this with early units only? Some of the threads report difficulties with RIVA replacing the bad units.

Are there any conflicts electronically when adding a SCOM?

Thanks
    Buy it from the hulk store, customer service is second to none and if any issues arise he will solve them. Use the discount code greenhulk and save 10% off. Sale price is $179, but yes about a year ago they did have a bad batch and some did not work DOA but the replaced them .

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=6042

+1
    get a tune. you get way more power over a scom. I started with a scom. now its paper weight. it mates with your ski and you cant use it on any other one. so i cant resell it.

dont waste your money. get a tune. you will be happy long term.

RIVA Maptuner X Tuning Bundle Pack for Sea Doo Skis & Can Am ATV's

This is the latest "Maptuner X" tuning system which will allow you to reflash the ECU on all Sea Doo 2004 and newer Seadoo skis including the new 300...
    RS110SC-B $1,019.85 $899.95
    12% discount

... more info

Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    get a tune. you get way more power over a scom. I started with a scom. now its paper weight. it mates with your ski and you cant use it on any other one. so i cant resell it.

dont waste your money. get a tune. you will be happy long term.

The Scom gets a STOCK Seadoo 300 ski to 74-76mph

A Map Tuner Map get a STOCK Seadoo 300 ski to ....... ? ( Can someone help and fill in the blank)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    The Scom gets a STOCK Seadoo 300 ski to 74-76mph

A Map Tuner Map get a STOCK Seadoo 300 ski to ....... ? ( Can someone help and fill in the blank)

Thanks
    That depends on the tune. A light tune will get it around the same speed. You can “tune” the ski to around the same stock tune, and just let it delete the GPS limiter setting. Or you can tune it hot and get a couple more MPH. You can go even hotter, but without other parts like air intake, prop, maybe an intercooler, the engine will run shitty and have problems.

Buy a MapTuner and tune license and do them yourself if you feel like learning. If you’re not that familiar and don’t trust yourself to learn the details just buy a tune through a speed shop.

I recommend Deans team racing in Orlando FL. They have a ton of racing championships under their belts and build the race skis for all the tops racers. You pay $500 for the license and they will do unlimited tunes. I would recommend a starter kit. It’ll be around $1300 I think and will get you to mid to high 70’s reliabily (as reliable as a sink•doo can be).

+1
    Scom is great.
    Buy from Greenhulk store and you ll be fine.

Stock Gtx300 2016 with 134 hours yesterday at ocean went 78 miles, dash speed.

My stock 2018 Rxtx 300 went easily to 77 miles one week ago with full tank.

So, even if a stage 2 riva kit takes you to 81 miles you might still want to take in mind the cost , 200usd SCOM vs ??? Riva kit 2.
    The maptuner alone will take you at a maximum of 78-79. But will give you better midrange.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oikonomoupetros View Post
    Scom is great.
    Buy from Greenhulk store and you ll be fine.

Stock Gtx300 2016 with 134 hours yesterday at ocean went 78 miles, dash speed.

My stock 2018 Rxtx 300 went easily to 77 miles one week ago with full tank.

So, even if a stage 2 riva kit takes you to 81 miles you might still want to take in mind the cost , 200usd SCOM vs ??? Riva kit 2.
    The maptuner alone will take you at a maximum of 78-79. But will give you better midrange.
    Scom is great if are ok with 75-77 and donít want to spend any more and leave it alone.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for the info. I have been involved in tuning and building engines for most of my life. With this ski, I really don't have much interest in stressing it out or decreasing reliability. I really just want to get rid of that annoying drop in rpm and speed when the GPS limiter kicks in. That being said, a tuner that allows me to bypass or remove the speed limiter while giving me the option of reading codes or programming a lanyard etc would be attractive.

+1
    I have SCOM installed on my 18 rxtx and I've seen 80 on dash on smooth water very happy with scom, but for next season I will get maptuner X for more speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    I have SCOM installed on my 18 rxtx and I've seen 80 on dash on smooth water very happy with scom, but for next season I will get maptuner X for more speed.
    Do you wish that you had started with the Maptuner and applied the cost of the SCOM to it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information