+1

06 RXP wont start old fuel

So after a solenoid replacement and a new battery it turned over like a champ and even started a few times but now nothing. I sucked old oil and fuel out and replaced with new, but now I am thinking obviously did not get all the old fuel out. Now it wont even hit a lick. plugs are firing injectors are spraying fuel but honestly i do not know how much they are supposed to spray(doesn't look like much to me) I do not have a fuel pressure tester. I poured some fuel in the holes and it fired up for a couple seconds.
    My question is am i down to yanking the pump out of the tank and looking at the filters or figuring out how to test fuel pressure? What do I need to test fuel pressure? I have been searching all morning but coming up short.
    thanks
    and oh yes fuel was very old. Sat for 3 plus years, might of had some seafoam in it.

+1
    Looks like this might be the easiest https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEADOO-INLI...-/381980791724

Quote Originally Posted by GYTWYPT View Post
    So after a solenoid replacement and a new battery it turned over like a champ and even started a few times but now nothing. I sucked old oil and fuel out and replaced with new, but now I am thinking obviously did not get all the old fuel out. Now it wont even hit a lick. plugs are firing injectors are spraying fuel but honestly i do not know how much they are supposed to spray(doesn't look like much to me) I do not have a fuel pressure tester. I poured some fuel in the holes and it fired up for a couple seconds.
    My question is am i down to yanking the pump out of the tank and looking at the filters or figuring out how to test fuel pressure? What do I need to test fuel pressure? I have been searching all morning but coming up short.
    thanks
    and oh yes fuel was very old. Sat for 3 plus years, might of had some seafoam in it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1129.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	441850
    All you need is to t the line like shows in my pic. But instead of the regulator,screw a pressure gauge in. Any gauge will do as long as the range is good.

And fuel spray should have a fan pattern and be well atomized. No streams or drips.

+1
    Thanks for the info. I am sure now from your explanation injectors are definetley not spraying right. More like a small squirt 2 per injector. so fuel flow is definetley not there

+1
    just pulled the fuel pump. The filter on the bottom is just like mush and falling a part to the touch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181111_164829_resized.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	441862  
    Last edited by GYTWYPT; 11-11-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: add pic

just pulled the fuel pump. The filter on the bottom is just like mush and falling a part to the touch
    Those injectors will need to be back flushed at the very least. Very good chance pieces of those strainers are in the injectors.
    And be sure to check the strainer inside the module too.

+1
    Strainer inside of module????? I was thinking that is the one on the left. Is there another one? I was thinking the same thing about the injectors would probably be best to send them out for a clean?
    Last edited by GYTWYPT; 11-11-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Strainer inside of module????? I was thinking that is the one on the left. Is there another one? I was thinking the same thing about the injectors would probably be best to send them out for a clean?
    I canít really tell what Iím looking at in the pics.
    But there are 2 strainers,1 external and 1 inside the canister.
    Yes if you can send them for a clean,do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintman20 View Post
    I canít really tell what Iím looking at in the pics.
    But there are 2 strainers,1 external and 1 inside the canister.
    Yes if you can send them for a clean,do it.
    Yes at second look I can see you have the unit taken apart.

Thread Information