Question Remove Low Speed Needle from Keihin CDK II 42

Going through the carb rebuild and am trying to inspect the low speed needle, but it doesn't look like the assembly in Keihin's diagram. There's the winged plastic stop cap on the end of the screw that prevents it from screwing out. I don't want to try to pop it off and break it. Is there a trick to this? This is the parts list I'm going by, should be #7. I'll try to get a photo of my carb when I get a chance. I'd compare to the high speed but there isn't one.

+1
    On the factory Keihin carbs there is that plastic "limiting" cap that does just pull off from the metal mixture screw. The act as a locking tab and do come in usefull -so reuse them.

Pretty sure the diagrams you have are the aftermarket Keihin racing carbs. There are some differences between the Polaris carbs, Kawasaki carbs and the race carbs.
    You can look up all Polaris PWC parts here as well as the Keihin carbs used by Polaris. http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    On the factory Keihin carbs there is that plastic "limiting" cap that does just pull off from the metal mixture screw. The act as a locking tab and do come in usefull -so reuse them.

Pretty sure the diagrams you have are the aftermarket Keihin racing carbs. There are some differences between the Polaris carbs, Kawasaki carbs and the race carbs.
    You can look up all Polaris PWC parts here as well as the Keihin carbs used by Polaris. http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp
    I ended up just popping it off without issue. Thanks.

Thread Information