Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gp 1800 Riva pro cooling pisser keeps clogging

I have the stage 3 Riva kit and fizzle intercooler. Iím still using the stock pisser outlet on the left side of the ski. Randomly the amount of water trickles out I stick a hose on it and it seems to back flush it then the amount of water starts flowing again. Any advice I was thinking of trying a bigger outlet pisser. Iím also doing the strainer in the main line and gonna flush the cooler. Any advice on maybe adding a second pisser or a way to increase the water flow.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmafighter View Post
    ... the amount of water trickles out I stick a hose on it and it seems to back flush it then the amount of water starts flowing again...
    I would first suspect there is something inside there that cannot get pushed out, and some times allows flow, sometimes does not.

You can remove the hose from the back side of the pisser fitting, then remove the fitting from the hull if needed to check for obstruction. Also flush out the disconnected hose in case something is stuck inside.

Another place to check may be the plastic T fitting inlne with the water feed hose to the oil cooler (not the X fitting, which also gets drilled out). That gray plastic T piece has moderately small passageways inside. The Riva kit includes instructions for drilling that T fitting larger, IIRC.

Could some plastic shavings from either mod be stuck inside the cooling flow path somewhere?
    Last edited by K447; 11-10-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I would first suspect there is something inside there that cannot get pushed out, and some times allows flow, sometimes does not.

You can remove the hose from the back side of the pisser fitting, then remove the fitting from the hull if needed to check for obstruction. Also flush out the disconnected hose in case something is stuck inside.

Another place to check may be the plastic T fitting inlne with the water feed hose to the oil cooler (not the X fitting). That gray plastic piece has moderately small passageways inside. The Riva kit includes instructions for drilling that T fitting larger, IIFC. Could some plastic shavings from that mod be stuck inside the cooling flow path somewhere?
    Wow some great ideas. Iím gonna check it tonight thanks. Didnít think about was the fitting drilled out. Donít know if my guy did that. Thabks

How bad is the Install on the pro cooling kit

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterw View Post
    How bad is the Install on the pro cooling kit
    installed perfect by a legit tech. I just ride in the river itís fresh water but with all the rain we have had this year and the rivers having more than normal water levels the debris picked up. I was getting some clogging from time to time. I am handling it. Im putting in a flush fitting for the fizzle intercooler and a strainer for the main waterline also. So we are good now. I also added a larger diameter pisser so all these should help.

+1
    Wow some great ideas. Iím gonna check it tonight thanks.

Didnít think about was the fitting drilled out. Donít know if my guy did that. Thabks
    Did you find anything specific causing trouble?

Did you find anything specific causing trouble?
    Not yet he has it in his shop now gonna be looking at it this week. Im also getting my builder to install a inline filter and a flush port for the intercooler so these things should help. Ill keep you guys posted he is gonna pull the cooler and flush it good and check it out. He is also gonna install a larger diameter pisser so we will see.

+1
    I have the stage 3 Riva kit and fizzle intercooler.
    Iím still using the stock pisser outlet on the left side of the ski.

Randomly the amount of water trickles out ...
    The revised intercooler outlet and flushing has nothing to do with the water exit on the left side of the hull, correct?

The slow flow problem was entirely with the left side pisser, correct?

+1
    Correct.....the new version of instructions does not use the Starboard side ports at all ...only the left. The install to answer that question is easy for the most part other than time consuming and you need to ensure you've got Okiter pliers of which I think everyone does in today's world. The worst part is removing the water fittings at the bulk head ....that's a complete witch other than that it's cake.

Mike

The revised intercooler outlet and flushing has nothing to do with the water exit on the left side of the hull, correct?

The slow flow problem was entirely with the left side pisser, correct?
    Yes the left side pisser. We are installing a larger pisser with a bigger diameter opening. Hopefully that will help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information