Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

seadoo speedster Stock Power Switch to Blue Sea Dual Battery Switch

Question for the ones out there that might know,

I'm Adding a dual battery setup to my 2010 Speedster 150 and currently have the 2 batteries installed, the step that I am at right now is the switch and I am curious if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction here.

Stock Switch 2 posts Pair of wires going to 1 post red and black and the second post has a red on it ( this is how the boat came setup)

New Blue Sea Switch 4 posts 2 for starting battery and 2 for Aux Battery.

my question is does anyone know how I should go about connecting the wires to the new switch for Battery one

here is my setup so far, you can see in the switch picture what I am talking about with the 2 reds

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56287085426__20B1750B-7577-4940-B32F-774F8E9CCE29.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	441689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7838.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	441690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7837.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	441691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7636.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	441692  

+1
    Not sure but I think the way you are wanting to wire this additional battery you would need a switch with 3 posts. The negs would be connected between batteries & one pos from each battery to the switch posts & one common on switch post which is what the two wires on your factory switch would connect to. Did the Blue Sea switch come with diagram? RR

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 batt switch.pdf  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What function do you want the switch to provide?

That will determine which switch configuration you need and how it should be wired.

Problem figured out with the little help of a electronic wire tracer

Hey K447
    the setup i'm going with is the Mini Add a battery Plus for a seadoo speedster 2010 150, I am setting up a dual Battery using one battery as my main start Battery and the secondary for my sound system. if your not familiar the operation of it is if your out driving your boat around the system detects a charge on the system and closes a relay and Begins to charge both batteries, but if your stopped on the Lake with your engine turned off and just running off the batteries the system detects a discharge and pops a relay open isolating your starting battery. So your secondary battery then runs your sound system and leaves the starting battery full for starting the boat.

Hey River Rat

yeah its pretty much along those lines that your talking about except the new switch that came with the add a battery plus kit has 4 posts where the stock had 2 but i've tested it so far with just the starting battery hooked up and its alive lol, so far so good just need to make a trip to the marine store tomorrow to buy a few lengths of battery wire to finish completing the circuit for both batteries and tieing in the plus system.

Here is the link so you can see what it is I am adding so you know what i am talking about
    https://www.bluesea.com/products/765...rth_America%5D

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrussell View Post
    Hey K447
    the setup i'm going with is the Mini Add a battery Plus for a seadoo speedster 2010 150, I am setting up a dual Battery using one battery as my main start Battery and the secondary for my sound system.

... the operation of it is if your out driving your boat around the system detects a charge on the system and closes a relay and Begins to charge both batteries

... if your stopped on the Lake with your engine turned off and just running off the batteries the system detects a discharge and pops a relay open isolating your starting battery. So your secondary battery then runs your sound system and leaves the starting battery full for starting the boat.
    Sounds very similar to a battery combiner, which I have posted about previously in other threads.

Interesting adding the AC battery charge function within the combiner.

[QUOTE]A complete small boat battery management system. Charge two batteries at or away from the dock.
    For alternators up to 65A

Includes a Dual Circuit Plus™ Battery Switch 6011 a 3 Stage, 10 Amp charger with an integrated 65A Automatic Charging Relay, and a LED charger remote
    m Series Dual Circuit Plus™ Battery Switch

Switches two battery banks simultaneously while maintaining battery bank isolation

Can combine two battery banks in the event of a low start battery
    IP66 - protected against powerful water jets
    BatteryLink® Charger

Integrated ACR provides DC charging from engine alternator

AC plug-in while at the dock

Battery temperature compensation prolongs battery life
    Includes a remote LED indicator
    Start isolation protects sensitive electronics from voltage sags and spikes
    IP67 - protected against immersion up to 1 meter for 30 minutes/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess it is something new from what they were telling me, prior to this one it was 2 seperate hookup if you wanted to have the charging feature, but its a nice feature to have I think for weekends up to the cottage or if i got to run to town for a day. Just plug an extension cord in while its on the ramp while not being used and for either of the batteries if they never had time to fully charge while driving the boat the Charging system will do a full charge and then go into float mode where it will maintain the batteries similiar to a battery tender, if the boat is left plugged in over ( i think it was 5 or 7) days it will go through a full charge cycle again to maintain good battery health and than enter float mode again.

+1
    Tip: The two linked batteries should be 'the same'. Not just the same chemistry (lead-acid or AGM, for example).

But also the same 'age' in terms of internal battery health. Do not link a new battery with a battery that has seen years of use. Or a battery that has been run flat multiple times with a battery that is new.

The charger will not like the battery mismatch and can overcharge one while trying to get the other to 'top off'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information