Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post

Come on now, let's not go down this road...let's equally offend everyone then no one feelings get hurt.

Drunk Mexicans or high Canadians...hard to say which would be better in a factory environment.

LMAO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Who the hell said I was a liberal?? I'm a moderate, always have been always will be. You obviously don't know anything about me either. I consider both liberals and conservatives to be radicals because they both usually have extreme viewpoints and never listen to each other even though they both have important, vital things to say. Neither side is right about everything and neither is wrong about everything, but that's how they both respectively see it. Both liberals and conservatives love their country and want the best for it, but they're both tearing it apart because neither will ever listen to the other and the sides are drawn. It's rapidly becoming worse. This is how societies and countries crumble and decline. History is replete with such tragedies.

Other than their politics, liberals and conservatives are much more alike than they think they are because they're both so damn stubborn about everything. If more people were moderate we could meet somewhere in the middle, make rational decisions, and make progress rather than being forever divided. United we stand, divided we fall.

But I digress. It's perfectly ok to want things made in North America. I do too. We agree on that. What was upsetting me was some ignorantly putting the blame on the production workers who absolutely have no say in anything, do only what they're told, and are watched like hawks. From everything I know about production, which is a hella lot, because that's what I've done for a living for over four decades, there is definitely a spec for attaching hose clamps, there is a spec for virtually everything. I know because I'm one of the engineers who writes them. We have spec for every operation, and I mean every operation, and our production workers are not allowed to touch a damn thing until they're fully trained and prove themselves. They have to log on each lot in with a bar code on their badge and then a computer tracks them and everything they do. If they make one f-up we'll find out about it then we're on them like stink on shit. Make no mistake about that. It's laughable to think that some production worker is going to be allowed to dictate quality. Laughable. Anyone who keeps trying to make that point is simply ignorant about how this works.

And for most operations, there is most likely very highly specialized tooling. Such tooling would be used to set the torque. So no, they don't use conventional torque wrenches as we would use, those would be way too slow and bulky. It's most likely an air or electrically driven, felixable, specialized tool that stops when the specified torque is reached. The problem is that BRP has the torque setting way too low. Prove this for yourself. Set the hose clamp torque to the setting in the shop manual. Then, using a socket on the gear nut, loosen it by hand. You'll see it loosens way too easily.
    It take no effort what so ever to loosen a tight or loose hose clamp. I would tighten it instead of loosen it.

+1
    Glad we got that settled.

What is this utopian manufacturing facility you speak off.

I’d be real curious of your opinion of tesla making cars under tents in their parking lot.

I still have nightmares of that hose clamp just hanging on the water line to my IC

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    It take no effort what so ever to loosen a tight or loose hose clamp. I would tighten it instead of loosen it.
    you mean you don’t break out your 4nm torque wrench?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information