Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    the gelcoat on my lower Hull was paper thin. Should I blame brp or the person who does the moulding or all the loose hose clamps or the broken gauge cluster or the bad ibr motor or the loose steering. Plan and simple brps quality control sucks and it’s gotten worse with the move to Mexico. Company don’t move production to Mexico to increase quality. They make the move to save money. People on the line do matter, if their paid well and treated right they will do a better job. Base on my automotive experience with Mexico made products is they simply don’t meet the same standards as a product made in North America. Auto manufacturers will have a production line in Mexico and North America to make the same vehicle. The ones from Mexico always have more issues and more recalls.
    If the gel coat is paper thin, you should blame BRP, they set the standards, not the Mexicans. Their mfg process specs the exact thickness of the gel coat and their quality control ensures it. So if it's thin it was spec'd that way, in Canada, by BRP/SeaDoo, by their manufacturing engineering and management group. Not by Mexico. The workers are just machines, part of the process. They do only what they're told and their job depends on it. Any lack of skills/intelligence is factored in and is not a requirement. No real skills or intelligence are required for most of the processes, just some basic training and process controls. Even these unskilled workers are becoming obsolete as robotics replace them wherever possible. It was probably robotics that applied your paper thin gel coat, ultra-precisely to exactly what was spec'd by BRP. How is that the fault of the Mexicans?

If the hose clamps are loose, again blame BRP, the workers are assembling them to BRP's spec with BRP's tooling, under BRP's auspices, with BRP quality control. Again, all this comes from Canada, not Mexico. Do you honestly think that BRP would allow the Mexican plant to make products not to their exact specs? Not a chance. If there are quality control issues, manufacturing deficiencies, and/or defective components, then BRP is solely responsible.

BRP is fully responsible for what comes out of their production facilities whether they're in Mexico or on the moon. The Mexican plant does not operate in a vacuum, you can bet your ass that BRP is in full control of it, down to the last detail. So don't rag on the country or the underpaid workers, place the blame where it is due, on BRP. And you know who else? Us. Yes, us.

BRP moved their SeaDoo production facility to Mexico because Mexicans will work for considerably less than North Americans (Canada included). They don't have the opportunity to enjoy our quality of life or the pay and benefits we take for granted. BRP did this to keep the prices reasonable while constantly under pressure to increase performance and stay competitive. These are things we demand from them. No one wants to pay $25,000 or more for a ski, but that's probably what they would have cost if they continued to make them in North America. So, like many US and Canadian companies, BRP (probably reluctantly) finally had to make the decision to considerably cut labor costs by employing downtrodden foreign workers and paying them less. Many of the poorer paid workers in Mexico can only dream about owning the PWC's they spend 12 hours a day assembling for us.

Additionally, BRP now specs thinner gel coat and lightweight materials like CM-Tech to lower the weight so their top of the line models will go a few lousy seconds or tenths of a second faster than the competition, something else we want. We're not blameless here, we demand the best, ultra-performance skis made, but we don't want to pay the cost of what it would take to make them using North America workers or the costlier engines required to make them go faster with heavier, properly built hulls.

So with demanding, hypercritical buyers putting constant pressure on a company to produce ultra-high performance skis at a price we're willing to pay, something had to give. That something was North American jobs and quality built-to-last skis. And what do we do? Blame the Mexicans. Why not? We're sure as hell not going to blame ourselves, we had absolutely nothing to do with it. Yep, it's definitely the Mexicans.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Both siphon hoses came off. Upon some research it has happened more than few times. Usually happens within the first few hrs of purchase. Mexic.....ooooooooh! Because using zip ties is better than using a gear clamp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawz02 View Post
    Both siphon hoses came off. Upon some research it has happened more than few times. Usually happens within the first few hrs of purchase. Mexic.....ooooooooh! Because using zip ties is better than using a gear clamp.
    In all the time I've been around here and riding, I think I might have heard of a siphon coming off once. Definitely putting that on the double check list.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz02 View Post
    Wow. Are you really this clueless? These skis are fully designed and engineered in Canada, right down to the last bolt and zip tie including all the manufacturing processes. The Mexican facility is only production, not engineering. They do only exactly what they're told with the parts and processes they're given by BRP Canada. That stupid zip tie and its assembly process were spec'd by your fellow countrymen, in Valcourt, Quebec Canada, not in Mexic.....ooooooooh.

+1
    My 08 has zips on the siphons as well & have been on there for 10 years so if they came off it is not the engineering at fault but the QC. The Mexican units without a doubt are inferior. The problem is companies feel they have to constantly increase their profit margin which makes products either more expensive or lesser quality. With all the "bells & whistles" the newer machines have, you better believe there are saving money somewhere. If not these new machines would be 25K or more to compare in quality to my 08. Just ol Rats 2 cents. RR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Wow. Are you really this clueless? These skis are fully designed and engineered in Canada, right down to the last bolt and zip tie including all the manufacturing processes. The Mexican facility is only production, not engineering. They do only exactly what they're told with the parts and processes they're given by BRP Canada. That stupid zip tie and its assembly process were spec'd by your fellow countrymen, in Valcourt, Quebec Canada, not in Mexic.....ooooooooh.
    I think if they did exactly as told there wouldn't be so many problems. Maybe if they had free tequila on the assembly line things would be better...just a thought.

+1
    Food for thought..... BRP builds skis that if a $3 hose clamp fails the ski will take on water & sink. They know this is a problem & has been since they have been making 4tec's. Those stupid ass resonators made of plastic...REALLY

Yamaha makes their rear exhaust hose one piece all the way to the waterbox so there is no hose clamp to fail & cause the ski to take on water but this from a company that use steel hoses clamps on the water lines.....What do you think they look like after 2 years of saltwater use REALLY Yamaha ???

IMO they are all junk. But I wouldnt have a job if they made decent products. LOL

I just dont understand why a company continues to build stuff the same way year after year when they know its a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I think if they did exactly as told there wouldn't be so many problems. Maybe if they had free tequila on the assembly line things would be better...just a thought.
    Just a racist thought.

+1
    Just a racist thought.

But I didn't say Tacos?

+1
    Additionally, BRP now specs thinner gel coat and lightweight materials like CM-Tech to lower the weight so their top of the line models will go a few lousy seconds or tenths of a second faster than the competition, something else we want. We're not blameless here, we demand the best, ultra-performance skis made, but we don't want to pay the cost of what it would take to make them using North America workers or the costlier engines required to make them go faster with heavier, properly built hulls.
    Just curious, what info do you have that BRP is using less gel coat on their hulls? Is something they are doing on the 18/19 models? My 12 and 16 PX have what I would consider quite thick gel coats, especially on the bottom. I could probably measure it on my 16 where my nephew ran over an oyster bed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information