Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Sold my RXPX for that reason. Intermittent problems here and there, I always prayed a Holy Mary before riding, asking God to let me make it without having to be towed. I agree made in mexico, complete garbage. Would never buy a brp product again. You have to realize they moved their factory to mexico for a reason, and the reason for them to be built better was not one of them.
    Those employees make about 100 to 180 dollars a week. You pay peanuts, you will get monkeys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    Sold my RXPX for that reason. Intermittent problems here and there, I always prayed a Holy Mary before riding, asking God to let me make it without having to be towed. I agree made in mexico, complete garbage. Would never buy a brp product again. You have to realize they moved their factory to mexico for a reason, and the reason for them to be built better was not one of them.
    Those employees make about 100 to 180 dollars a week. You pay peanuts, you will get monkeys.
    All this talk of PXs has reminded me I need to get off my ass an sell my new 18 TX so I can get the new 19 PX. I had my heart set on yellow, but the new color scheme in person is actually really cool...or I am getting older and less flashy...hard to say. But I'll be going through that thing with a fine tooth comb as I do with every new doo I buy. Also replace IC hoses right away with fizzles.

+1
    When it worked it was a rocket. But buyer beware. Between my friends And myself we have owned a small dealer worth of machines in the past few years and as soon as they went I mexico for production and also started using this new acrylic paint.... I have lost 100% faith in BRP quality. I just need people to know that the issues are with quality of the unit and not the dealership. Like I said there is a laundry list of problems I've had with this thing from day 1.
    I didn't even ride it for the first 10 hrs as I wanted the girlfriend to break it in so I wouldn't get blamed for anything going wrong. If a 5'10, 120lb blonde who knows absolutely nothing about watercraft other than it's pretty can pick this apart asking why the steering is lose or it doesn't drive straight..... something is wrong. I was told by BRP head office to ride this machine as hard as I see fit and this machine is absolutel JUNK! I have owned 3 other PX and a friend has a TX and not a single problem....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Guess I figured he was in the ocean when he said "
    fill up completely with water in 10 foot waves" I normally don't associate waves with lakes but I'm a FL boy. 10 Foot anything in a lake sounds not fun.
    Im guessing hes riding in the Great Lakes so Lake Ontario, Lake Erie or Lake Superior. These lakes are no joke. Im in a bay of Lake Erie and we get 8ft+waves in 10ft of water (shallow inner bay). They will literally slam your craft on the bottom.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawz02 View Post
    When it worked it was a rocket. But buyer beware. Between my friends And myself we have owned a small dealer worth of machines in the past few years and as soon as they went I mexico for production and also started using this new acrylic paint.... I have lost 100% faith in BRP quality. I just need people to know that the issues are with quality of the unit and not the dealership. Like I said there is a laundry list of problems I've had with this thing from day 1.
    I didn't even ride it for the first 10 hrs as I wanted the girlfriend to break it in so I wouldn't get blamed for anything going wrong. If a 5'10, 120lb blonde who knows absolutely nothing about watercraft other than it's pretty can pick this apart asking why the steering is lose or it doesn't drive straight..... something is wrong. I was told by BRP head office to ride this machine as hard as I see fit and this machine is absolutel JUNK! I have owned 3 other PX and a friend has a TX and not a single problem....
    You should have gotten the yellow one, no issues with yellow .

I've heard/seen of a few of the silvers with like a fade to them in some spots and some stress cracking without even barely been ridden. Both my XPs have gotten minor stress cracks on the top of the side rails from jumping crazy high but I consider that more of rider inflicted issue Other than the minor cosmetic stuff and the sinking what issues did you have mechanically before that?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    Im guessing hes riding in the Great Lakes so Lake Ontario, Lake Erie or Lake Superior. These lakes are no joke.

I'm in a bay of Lake Erie and we get 8ft+waves in 10ft of water (shallow inner bay). They will literally slam your craft on the bottom.
    We used to often ride Lake Ontario. All the Great Lakes are really inland seas.

Huge open stretches of water and sustained winds at times can kick up serious wave heights. Waves the height of houses in open water, if you are willing to go out on such days

2-4 foot waves would be a fairly normal day on a great lake. The unusual days are when there is barely a ripple.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    We used to often ride Lake Ontario. All the Great Lakes are really inland seas.

Huge open stretches of water and sustained winds at times can kick up serious wave heights. Waves the height of houses in open water, if you are willing to go out on such days

2-4 foot waves would be a fairly normal day on a great lake. The unusual days are when there is barely a ripple.
    Sounds delightful, like a kick in the balls.

At least in our area we can bounce out to the ocean and hit some surf riding then pop back into the river and trails for smooth stuff.

+1
    I have a place in Grand Bend on lake Huron and the NW winds in the fall bring huge waves That are very consistent with perfect gaps. Ontario is quite intense for waves as far as lakes go. The first and main issue with the machine was it would shut off completely when you came off a wave intermittently. Like the DESS was pulled. There is a huge lag from fwd to reverse compared to my others, it would say in doing 20kph at idle in the canal and the adjustable handle bars always losen up no matter how many times that set screw is tightened.
    And y'all are right the yellow machines never have issues.

+1
    Hey, now wait a minute, Toroto person having a place in Grand Bend!! Muskoka is your turf, Lake Huron is London and Wests turf!
    Just kidding!
    Huron , as Ontario can get massive waves with multi directional cross waves, so it can be a challange for sure!
    Machine reliability is paramount. Especially in the early season where a broken, or worse sinking machine can mean death from very cold water! No luxury of floating around waiting for help in that cold water.
    I ride all over the lakes, as far north as Tobermory, you have to know the machine under you will take you out and bring you back. You can often be far from help as the lakes are not crowded like down south where someone will come along and pick you up.
    Some areas don't have cell coverage (it's better than it use to be) so I also carry VHF, so you can contact boaters if you need help.

SeaDoo's biggest mistake seems to have been moving production to Mexico, the have become fragile, poorly assembled machines now.

I hope you get this resolved, and your right its not just an problem, it can be deadly.

You guys are placing way too much blame on Mexico. I've worked in production my whole life making semiconductors which are so sensitive that making skis is like making toys. It's not about the people at all, it's all about the manufacturing process. The Japanese knew this and wrote the book on it, literally. Toyota perfected making their cars to the same standards everywhere in the world. They wrote a book about it and everyone, including my company (IBM) copied them. The people involved on the manufacturing line matter little, if at all. All the technology and quality control is built into the manufacturing process. The people, for the most part, only follow simple routines which are almost foolproof. IBM hired people off the street with no skills whatsoever to successfully make the most complex semiconductors on the planet which went into military grade equipment. It's all about the manufacturing process, not the people.

So if you have a beef with BRP skis, blame BRP, not the poor folks they hire. They are not to blame.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information