Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    +1
    With the amount of water that was in it I'm pretty sure the ecu is cooked. The exhaust temp went nuts and melted the temp sensor out. There's like 10 other codes it's throwing too. Long story short this machine shouldn't be fixed! I'm a reasonable person but so far they have replaced so many parts it's becoming ridiculous. Even this new poly whatever the fu*k finish they use is garbage. My season is shot and there has to be some one else with similar problems. But the worst is the girlfriend refuses to use it and we all know that's a battle no one can win!! I love my BRP products but someone shit the bed on this one.

+1
    My speedster 150 almost sank for the same reason. Problem is brp uses shitty zip ties to hold them on. I sold my 300 for the same reason though, Lack in quality. Id take my old 08 rxp over my 300. I will say I wont be buy another seadoo till they bring back gelcoat and fix the quality control. Moving production to Mexico is the worst decision they made.

+1
    Absolutely! My 12 rxp and 14 are flawless. I got the new one for the simple fact of it being new and dependable. Once this disaster is dealt with this thing will be gone!

+1
    I sure hate that you are having all of these problems....I hope the best GB or your troubles.

+1
    Once all the connectors/wiring harness get soaked with salt water, your mostly likely going to have electrical gremlins going forward. Try to get them to replace the wiring harness and also clean and re apply that dielertric grease to all the connectors.

+1
    Thanks everyone. There are obviously more issues with the machine than I've posted and at the end of the day I wanted to see if I was out to lunch or not. I told them that water was ingested in the engine and they said if I wanted it torn down and bearings replaced then so be it. I get they want to make things right but I ride in very stupid conditions and need my shit to work. I have no faith in my machine nor does anyone's else. Why can't they admit a lemon and make it right? Like I said the doo was full to the seat opening and their fix is to replace whatever it needs. I can't have this break down due to their incompetence. And the crazy part is my dealer feels the same but can only do so much.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Once all the connectors/wiring harness get soaked with salt water ...
    No salt water near Toronto, except when there is ice on the roads

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    No salt water near Toronto, except when there is ice on the roads
    Guess I figured he was in the ocean when he said "
    fill up completely with water in 10 foot waves" I normally don't associate waves with lakes but I'm a FL boy. 10 Foot anything in a lake sounds not fun.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawz02 View Post
    Thanks everyone. There are obviously more issues with the machine than I've posted and at the end of the day I wanted to see if I was out to lunch or not. I told them that water was ingested in the engine and they said if I wanted it torn down and bearings replaced then so be it. I get they want to make things right but I ride in very stupid conditions and need my shit to work. I have no faith in my machine nor does anyone's else. Why can't they admit a lemon and make it right? Like I said the doo was full to the seat opening and their fix is to replace whatever it needs. I can't have this break down due to their incompetence. And the crazy part is my dealer feels the same but can only do so much.
    Sounds like you better learn lot more about your ski and how to maintain and check things yourself. I as well as a lot of us do our own inspections on ski's, check all hose clamps, zip ties, connectors even pump alignment prior to riding for the first time. I have staved off three potential disasters on new ski's (2 my own) by finding totally loose hose clamps or hoses ready to pop off. Sucks but a little due diligence/knowledge on your part can save a lot of pain. If you got water in the engine (especially fresh water) when it wasn't running and got it out quickly I wouldn't be overly worried about it. However if it sat around with water in it for days or weeks waiting for the dealer to do it...I'd be more worried. I wouldn't tear the engine down only as a last result. After the clear the water out they can do a compression/leak down and check the health of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Sounds like you better learn lot more about your ski and how to maintain and check things yourself. I as well as a lot of us do our own inspections on ski's, check all hose clamps, zip ties, connectors even pump alignment prior to riding for the first time. I have staved off three potential disasters on new ski's (2 my own) by finding totally loose hose clamps or hoses ready to pop off. Sucks but a little due diligence/knowledge on your part can save a lot of pain. If you got water in the engine (especially fresh water) when it wasn't running and got it out quickly I wouldn't be overly worried about it. However if it sat around with water in it for days or weeks waiting for the dealer to do it...I'd be more worried. I wouldn't tear the engine down only as a last result. After the clear the water out they can do a compression/leak down and check the health of it.
    This is good advice and true for any boat and any manufacturer. Never rely on the manufacturer or dealer alone for your own safety. This is especially true if you are in cold water where hypothermia is a possibility. Using a ski in the Toronto area in the late fall is an extreme condition. I'm further south than you and the water temp here is in the 40's (F). I wouldn't want to be sinking in those temps.

I found numerous hose clamps on my brand new GTX LTD which were loose, I was able to move them by hand. These can sink a ski. I also added two bilge pumps with a water alarm to give me a fighting chance to get to shore without swamping the boat should trouble occur. I find it hard to believe any boat would lack such a basic safety device. They don't cost much and are relatively easy to add. I then kept a close watch on all issues that could cause trouble throughout the season. I was able to put 60 hours on the ski this season with zero issues.

It really pays to do due diligence on your boat. The owner is the last line of defense in keeping a boat trouble free. Unpreventable issues are one thing, but always do all you can to be proactive for preventable problems. Yes, the mfgr and dealer should have done their jobs, but never count on it.

11. +1 by:

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information