Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    If insurance in Canada is as bad as you say, then I see your point. Still, it might be better than losing all your money on the ski, but that's your call.

I've been through this kind of situation with BRP myself and I'll tell you what happened to me and how I "resolved" it to cut my losses. I once purchased a new 2008 Sea-Doo Speedster from a distant Sea-Doo dealer that was having an excellent sale on them. This dealer was hundreds of miles from me, but the trip was worth it due to the discount. My local dealer wouldn't match the price. I very carefully inspected the boat at the dealer and then drove it home. When I arrived, the entire back end of the boat was covered in fiberglass spider cracks. Apparently, it was a defective fiberglass layup and it cracked everywhere at the first instance of stress which was the first transport on a trailer. I took it to my local dealer who refused to do anything because I didn't buy it from them, so I contacted the dealer I purchased it from. They were willing to swap it out with another new boat which was exactly the same, as long as they got permission from BRP. Well BRP refused. They said they would fix it but not replace it. Sound familiar? I argued this to no avail. The boat had zero hours on it and they refused to replace it. So BRP made me take it to a third dealer, ninety miles away because my local dealer still refused to help. There they arranged to have it fixed at a fiberglass repair shop. This took months. When it was finally finished I was appalled at how bad a job they did. It was totally unacceptable. The Sea-Doo dealer agreed and again arranged with BRP to have it redone. This again took months but when it was finished it looked acceptable. However, when I finally was able to use the boat, the gel coat repair would break right off if slightly impacted. This resulted in numerous chips breaking off. I then had to handle the boat like it was a delicate egg. When I complained to BRP, they refused to return my calls, emails, or letters. As far as they were concerned, the case was closed. I was stuck with a brand new boat with a defective hull.

I kept it for a couple of years but it was a hassle. I had to treat it as carefully as possible to avoid the gel coat repair from continuing to crack off. This ruined the enjoyment of the boat for me so I decided to sell it. I told the buyer the whole story and gave him a great deal on the boat selling it for a couple thousand less than what it was worth. He said he didn't care about the looks of the boat all that much, he just wanted to buy one cheap. So it was a win-win for the both of us. I was really happy to see it go because the whole damned affair had pissed me off for years and it was finally over. No one goes through life without getting burned on something, so I wrote off the monetary loss in my mind as just one of those things. You win some, you lose some. You can't let these kinds of things get under your skin. It's just not worth the damage that continued stress can cause.

So my suggestion is to make BRP repair your ski until it's again 100% seaworthy to your satisfaction. This they're obligated to do under the terms of the warranty. This can be safely done, almost any boat can be restored back to being seaworthy. I know you'd prefer a new replacement, and you deserve one, but BRP is a sketchy company with a highly questionable reputation for customer satisfaction. If you continue to fight this with BRP, you'll need a lawyer and have to invest money and a lot of your time, and you still may lose. You're going to stress yourself out in the process. Again, it's just not worth it.

Once they fix it, sell it to a private buyer. Tell him the story and offer him a great price. You'll be amazed at what people will buy if the price is right. The ski will still be under warranty so many buyers will have no problem with it. Yes, you'll lose some money on it, but these toys are a terrible investment in the first place and we all lose money when we sell them. Write it off in your mind as I did. Once it's gone, the whole damned affair will be behind you and you'll be stress-free. You can then go out and get any replacement ski you want and start having fun again.

Don't worry, BRP gets no win in this. Many of us have taken full note of their unsatisfactory customer service to you, and because of that their reputation has been further eroded. They will lose business. Take some satisfaction in that. What goes around comes around.

+1
    Look familiar? LOL!

Sea Doo is playing their customers as fools. This issue has been going on for over a decade now and consumers still buy their shxt. There are now facebook pages dedicated to Sea Doos sinking because it happens so often. My wife who works in the insurance industry told me her company is almost to the point of not insuring ANY Sea Doo because of the heavy losses they have incurred. Yikes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subdoo.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	444350  

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dan87951 View Post
    Look familiar? LOL!

Sea Doo is playing their customers as fools. This issue has been going on for over a decade now and consumers still buy their shxt. There are now facebook pages dedicated to Sea Doos sinking because it happens so often. My wife who works in the insurance industry told me her company is almost to the point of not insuring ANY Sea Doo because of the heavy losses they have incurred. Yikes!
    Weird looking dolphin.

+1
    Thx guys. This is mainly to inform people of how absolutely horrible their customer service is. I have purchased countless BRP products over the years and the years they all have been amazing. I come across 1 that's a legitimate POS and it's a battle to even speak with a BRP rep. I am a well educated person and when I finally did speak with them it's like they are just reading from a trouble tree on the screen and have no idea what they're talking about other than what the magical computer says.
    For example....
    i was told that water can be ingested into the engine. It's not in common for up to 1L of water to be found in the intercooler as it is so efficient. WTF?
    I was also informed that the bottom bearings can be fully submerged, run and after a boil out process will have no damage.
    They make a great machine but youre right Pro10 they treat you like shit after they take your $ and expect you to take it like a champ. I have been told that this 2018/2019 RXP re design has been nothing but problems from numerous dealers and I hate to see people get bent over by a dealer. There was a forum I read where the rub rails fell off like mine and they made the customer pay for it. My dealer has been amazing and never once denied a complaint or repair. My problem is that it's adding up and getting ridiculous. If I can help or inform anyone that's all I'm looking for.

Hey Drawz02, hope all is well aside from your ski.

I mentioned this in a previous post and I want to emphasize it again: it sounds like your DEALER is NOT addressing the problems with your ski correctly, and they are just passing the blame onto BRP. If you are having repeated problems that are not being addressed by the dealership you purchased from, you need to relay this information to BRP Care. As pro10is mentioned, any boat can be restored to being sea-worthy...but you need the RIGHT technician(s) working on your ski.

What is the status of your machine now? What problem(s) does it have and what are you trying to have fixed?

Ok
    How many machines are affected by bad QC. I am looking at getting a new 2018 GTI SE 155. Should i rethink this. Are there alot of people with issues or are there just a few that are very loud about it as i would be.

+1
    These are just some of the repairs that have been done.... My techs are great. I would do the work myself but warranty stops me. All parts are replaced as per BRP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	444954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	444955  

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information