Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Iíve been at this for a while. Hereís some tips:

Theyíll never admit to a defect so let that one go.
    Theyíll always tell you to ride however you want and then theyíll blame 110% of the damage on you. Have to treat it like a baby and it will still probably break.
    They will always fight you and put you into a corner and leverage your broken jet ski against you.
    You need a competent dealer to fix your ski. MOST dealers are incompetent when it comes to repairs. I canít tell you how to find a decent one except experienced word of mouth.

Going on a forum and ranting about quality is not a fact from anybodyís perspective. You need to stick to the facts/issues and get resolutions from you dealer. You need solutions to get you back on the water safely not admissions of guilt from BRP or social media presence.

i Donít mean to be a dick Iíve been in your shoes many times. Iíve just recently been in your shoes and Iím confident Iíll be in your shoes one day in the future. Iím on engine #2 on my 17 RXT-X 300 after only 52 hours so I know what youíre going through. Stay strong and fight for your right for a working jet ski.

2. +1 by:

I also wanted to say that these “quality has gone downhill since switching production to Mexico” is utter nonsense. I’ve had sea doos since 2004 and they can be nothing but problems and headaches. In my experience (too many to list), They are the best skis on the water when they are running but they are rarely running right.

you can check my post history to see some of the shit I’ve been through but keep in mind I don’t post a lot of the stuff that has happened to me because BRP has stepped up to the plate and made it right for me on many occasions and that’s all I ask.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrElussive View Post
    I also wanted to say that these “quality has gone downhill since switching production to Mexico” is utter nonsense. I’ve had sea doos since 2004 and they can be nothing but problems and headaches. In my experience (too many to list), They are the best skis on the water when they are running but they are rarely running right.

you can check my post history to see some of the shit I’ve been through but keep in mind I don’t post a lot of the stuff that has happened to me because BRP has stepped up to the plate and made it right for me on many occasions and that’s all I ask.
    Both my 16s were solid, my 18tx and 19px the quality seems very good, both in fit and finish. I went through both of them very thoroughly and didn't find anything concerning....other than a lot of dust from the CNC work on the hull. I cleaned all the dust out (rinse and scrub) the hull before running them. No need to suck in all the fiber dust into the engine. That would really be my only complaint.

By the way if anyone has 16-17s they should definitely inspect the pump on a regular basis for water intrusion...more often as it gets older. Seadoo will rebuild them under warranty but best not to let them catastrophically fail. They will get noisy as they start to die but I suspect most people will ignore it or not know to listen for it. They have actually redesigned the front seal on the 19s.

+1

2018 RXP Death Trap

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Both my 16s were solid, my 18tx and 19px the quality seems very good, both in fit and finish. I went through both of them very thoroughly and didn't find anything concerning....other than a lot of dust from the CNC work on the hull. I cleaned all the dust out (rinse and scrub) the hull before running them. No need to suck in all the fiber dust into the engine. That would really be my only complaint.

By the way if anyone has 16-17s they should definitely inspect the pump on a regular basis for water intrusion...more often as it gets older. Seadoo will rebuild them under warranty but best not to let them catastrophically fail. They will get noisy as they start to die but I suspect most people will ignore it or not know to listen for it. They have actually redesigned the front seal on the 19s.
    Yup , what he just said . All jokes aside here are the new 2019 seals , well gotta head back to my assembly line job my patron (aka Jefe) is calling me , Šndale Ariba ariba.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7767.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	442641Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7768.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	442642Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7769.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	442643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7770.jpg 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	442644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7771.jpg 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	442645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7772.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	442646

Quote Originally Posted by MrElussive View Post
    I’ve been at this for a while. Here’s some tips:

They’ll never admit to a defect so let that one go.
    They’ll always tell you to ride however you want and then they’ll blame 110% of the damage on you. Have to treat it like a baby and it will still probably break.
    They will always fight you and put you into a corner and leverage your broken jet ski against you.
    You need a competent dealer to fix your ski. MOST dealers are incompetent when it comes to repairs. I can’t tell you how to find a decent one except experienced word of mouth.

Going on a forum and ranting about quality is not a fact from anybody’s perspective. You need to stick to the facts/issues and get resolutions from you dealer. You need solutions to get you back on the water safely not admissions of guilt from BRP or social media presence.

i Don’t mean to be a dick I’ve been in your shoes many times. I’ve just recently been in your shoes and I’m confident I’ll be in your shoes one day in the future. I’m on engine #2 on my 17 RXT-X 300 after only 52 hours so I know what you’re going through. Stay strong and fight for your right for a working jet ski.
    Hi, We are sorry to hear what you experienced with your Sea-Doo RXT-X 300. Please do not hesitate to contact us at brp.care@brp.com or call us at 1-888-272-9222 if you wish to share your story with us. Regards, Desiree, BRPcare

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post

Which seal does my 2018 RXP have? You mentioned issues with the 16-17 and the redesign for 19. Do the 18s have the same pump seal as the 16-17?

+1

2018 RXP Death Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Which seal does my 2018 RXP have? You mentioned issues with the 16-17 and the redesign for 19. Do the 18s have the same pump seal as the 16-17?
    Read #144
    Jet pump seals are new for 2019 , your 2018 does not have the newer dual quad seal , any how you should be ok with the previous seals .

+1
    Unbelievable...
    People on these forums seem intelligent and are obviously on them for information and knowledge. I am the type of person who doesn’t complain. I never send food back at a restaurant and if I lend my truck out it will probably come back with a new dent and no gas but still lend it again because that’s just the type of person I am.
    That being said...
    It has been over 3 months and I have got absolutely nowhere with Bombardier. The countless e mail, phone correspondence and stress of a faulty product has driven me to be someone I am not. In the initial stages it took a month to even be able to speak with someone in customer service/social representative and even then they were reluctant to do so. I had to go as far as google and LinkedIn to find someone to e mail in the right department to get any type of response from BRP and yet here I am blown away that Mrelussuve gets a reply (no disrespect) to a rant and I head a forum that says “RXP Death Trap.”
    The bottom line is this. Their willful neglect for safety and potential for wrongful death is extremely evident in my case. I want people who have had similar situations to be informed of mine. Nothing more nothing less. There was a guy who had a new 18 PX and had to fight to get his rub rails replaced as they just fell off. Pro10is will remember this.... I had the same issue. I have documented my entire journey and all I want is a safe dependable watercraft that won’t fall apart and will perform as BRP has assured me it would. It all started from a defective fuel pump that has left me stranded countless times (also a replacement part number for that FYI ) to the siphon tubes blowing off sinking my unit in very rough waters I have had countless quality issues that come down to one simple fact. I have a poorly built machine.
    BRP finally says that if I’m not comfortable riding this pos a trade in option is on the table. They said I had to contact my dealer for a value and I did. Hell I went above and beyond and called 6! Of the 6 only 3 replies with this:
    “Unfortunately your watercraft is a liability and we are unable to take it on trade.”
    That pretty much sums it up. For those actually interested BRP has put me on the water time and time again on a machine that was repaired within their own parameters. Seriously their dealerships want nothing to do with unit. It shouldn’t have to go this far.

To give you an idea here’s a pic of the hull after it drained it for 15 min... still full.
    There was a rope on the rear hook while i got the truck so it wouldn’t capsize again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0FB20042-08C4-4F74-81FD-3AC694C12241.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	442708  
    Last edited by Drawz02; 12-10-2018 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Edit pic

QUOTE=Drawz02;2988427]I currently own a 2018 RXP lemon. I was going to write along winded blast but no one wants to read that. My machine is just over 60 days old and has had more electrical, cosmetic, and mechanical parts replaced than both of my older machines combined. I would like to start by saying that my dealer has been absolutely outstanding. They have been Fighting BRP to make things right for me all the way. That being said BRP head office in Quebec lacks logic, customer service and is negligent with regards to customer safety.
    I have owned Sedoo products for over 20 years and push them to their limits. Over the years I have never encountered any problems or issues that weren't justified or caused by wear and tear. I have never blamed any breakdowns on anyone but myself and also understand sometimes shit happens. That being said this new RXP is an absolute piece of garbage. The lack of quality In this machine should be embarrassing. It's almost like they forgot to run it through QC before packing it up. From rub rails falling off, misaligned jet, faulty handle bars, intermittent shut downs and even a siphon tube falling off causing the machine to fill up completely with water in 10 foot waves. It's an absolute lemon. I sent numerous e mail BRP asking them to speak with me directly and the same reply over and over......."talk to the dealer. We do not speak with the customer direct." How unfair is it for me to have to yell and scream at the dealer that has treated me like family for years. They have always been on my side and been on my side and have even admitted that some things shouldn't have left the factory they wat they are.
    After numerous e mail to BRP demanding to speak with someone I
    did finally speak with Head whatever he is named GIO at BRP Quebec. Gio was polite but just didn't seem to understand that there are major safety issues with this machine. I told him about the intermittent shut downs but the final straw was when it sank in very extreme conditions and I almost didn't get it back into shore. I asked if I was misusing the machine or riding it not as intended or designed and he very clearly said that BRP machines are built to do whatever the customer decides. They are rugged and Are built to take anything you can throw at them from hard core racing to wave jumping 2m waves. That being said I'll take his word. I explained that it sank due to a manufacturing defect. A siphon tube came off causing it to fill rapidly with water and it capsized in very rough conditions while the girlfriend who I purchased the machine for was watching from shore. I also said that since new there were numerous times when it would just shut off like the DESS was disconnected for no reason. All he said was he is sorry and the dealer has the go ahead to do whatever repairs were needed. I told him that the hull was full of water and there was water in the oil. He very clearly said BRP will NOT replace the machine. I said it's 2 months old and falling apart. The cosmetic components I can overlook but mechanical failure time and time again is unacceptable.
    I do most of my riding in the fall and this season is shot. I love dropping $20k on a trailer queen.
    My machine is currently at the dealer. An email was recently sent to BRP and asked what would it take to realize that this machine is going to continue to have problems. They're at the point of replacing the exhaust system for whatever reason and it's a huge wast of time and money replacing absolutely everything. They also said I ride in less than favourable conditions and asked if death is the final straw in admitting they made a faulty machine.
    BRP's reply..... just fix it.
    I have lost faith in a company I have invested my hard money into for 20 years. I feel like there is a point where they should admit that maybe they shouldn't have the production line open the Monday after Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

Hello Draw02,

We have read about the concerns of your 2018 Sea-Doo. We are sorry about it, we urge you to send us an email as soon as possible at brp.care@brp.com. Kindly provide us with your HIN and complete name in order to look into this with you. Don't forget to put the link and your name on the forum. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Myriam - BRP Care

+1
    Dear BRP.
    A recap of a post I wrote over a month ago is most definitely not needed. I am well aware of my situation as are the almost 6500 people that have viewed it. Believe it or not some even replied. I assure you that a piss poor attempt at contacting me through a Internet forum will not outweigh the countless email and phone calls I have already made. If you were actually involved with BRP Care you would have done just a little research into what's going on with my case before going after the Monday morning hero cookie. Giovanni who has been named in your reply is apparently one of the head service techs or so I've been told. He was dealing with my case and since has escalated this to his boss. By trying to contact me through a Internet forum is just another example of how BRP aftercare really works. And FYI I've sent 6 email to that address with the same reply....
    "Thank you but please contact your local dealer."

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information