Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    +1

2018 RXP Death Trap

I currently own a 2018 RXP lemon. I was going to write along winded blast but no one wants to read that. My machine is just over 60 days old and has had more electrical, cosmetic, and mechanical parts replaced than both of my older machines combined. I would like to start by saying that my dealer has been absolutely outstanding. They have been Fighting BRP to make things right for me all the way. That being said BRP head office in Quebec lacks logic, customer service and is negligent with regards to customer safety.
    I have owned Sedoo products for over 20 years and push them to their limits. Over the years I have never encountered any problems or issues that weren't justified or caused by wear and tear. I have never blamed any breakdowns on anyone but myself and also understand sometimes shit happens. That being said this new RXP is an absolute piece of garbage. The lack of quality In this machine should be embarrassing. It's almost like they forgot to run it through QC before packing it up. From rub rails falling off, misaligned jet, faulty handle bars, intermittent shut downs and even a siphon tube falling off causing the machine to fill up completely with water in 10 foot waves. It's an absolute lemon. I sent numerous e mail BRP asking them to speak with me directly and the same reply over and over......."talk to the dealer. We do not speak with the customer direct." How unfair is it for me to have to yell and scream at the dealer that has treated me like family for years. They have always been on my side and been on my side and have even admitted that some things shouldn't have left the factory they wat they are.
    After numerous e mail to BRP demanding to speak with someone I
    did finally speak with Head whatever he is named GIO at BRP Quebec. Gio was polite but just didn't seem to understand that there are major safety issues with this machine. I told him about the intermittent shut downs but the final straw was when it sank in very extreme conditions and I almost didn't get it back into shore. I asked if I was misusing the machine or riding it not as intended or designed and he very clearly said that BRP machines are built to do whatever the customer decides. They are rugged and Are built to take anything you can throw at them from hard core racing to wave jumping 2m waves. That being said I'll take his word. I explained that it sank due to a manufacturing defect. A siphon tube came off causing it to fill rapidly with water and it capsized in very rough conditions while the girlfriend who I purchased the machine for was watching from shore. I also said that since new there were numerous times when it would just shut off like the DESS was disconnected for no reason. All he said was he is sorry and the dealer has the go ahead to do whatever repairs were needed. I told him that the hull was full of water and there was water in the oil. He very clearly said BRP will NOT replace the machine. I said it's 2 months old and falling apart. The cosmetic components I can overlook but mechanical failure time and time again is unacceptable.
    I do most of my riding in the fall and this season is shot. I love dropping $20k on a trailer queen.
    My machine is currently at the dealer. An email was recently sent to BRP and asked what would it take to realize that this machine is going to continue to have problems. They're at the point of replacing the exhaust system for whatever reason and it's a huge wast of time and money replacing absolutely everything. They also said I ride in less than favourable conditions and asked if death is the final straw in admitting they made a faulty machine.
    BRP's reply..... just fix it.
    I have lost faith in a company I have invested my hard money into for 20 years. I feel like there is a point where they should admit that maybe they shouldn't have the production line open the Monday after Super Bowl.

+1
    trade it in for another one.. if the dealer is on your side, they should give you top dollar on trade and sell you the new one at cost.

+1
    It wouldn't be fair to the dealer to pay for BRP's incompetence.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawz02 View Post

they should take care of their loyal customer.

+1
    Either way, If that were me in that position, I'd be trading it in on a new one!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawz02 View Post
    The dealer is a business there to make a profit just like BRP.....

Get dealer to swap your machine for a new one you are happy with and let them deal with BRP....

Yes they might take a hit, they might not do too bad if BRP keep sending warranty cheques, that’s their problem not yours, here legal system is different, suggest you consult a lawyer experienced in consumer law.

+1
    Thanks guys. I need to lite a social media fire under their ass. There are so many silent recalls on these new machines it's absolutely ridiculous. Like I said my 2 other machines are amazing. And last year I purchased a new GTI and put 40 hours on it in 30 days without a single flaw. Maybe the "made in Mexico" tag has something to do with it.....

+1
    Pure garbage IMO

+1
    Glad your girlfriend wasn't riding it when it almost sank! Glad you made it back OK, too!

+1
    If they are replacing the exhaust, it sounds like it possibly overheated and melted the resonator. That would most likely caused by operator error via sucking something up in the pump and intake grate not manufacturering defect.

Siphon tubes and handle bars are part of the dealership pdi and uncrating. Not factory issues

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information