Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2012 fx sho problem

Plz help new plugs. Intercooler not leaking. New metal throttle dampner. After ski heats up or crusing when i bang the throttle wot ski hesitates doesnt feel like a missfire its bogging till it clears up it seems to do it more often now. Im stuffed for options on trying to figure it out could it be a loose sensor plug boot or something ???

Quote Originally Posted by syk03t View Post
    Plz help new plugs. Intercooler not leaking. New metal throttle dampner. After ski heats up or crusing when i bang the throttle wot ski hesitates doesnt feel like a missfire its bogging till it clears up it seems to do it more often now. Im stuffed for options on trying to figure it out could it be a loose sensor plug boot or something ???
    Hi Syk03t,

I had the same problem last summer and found some posts on here about hesitation, most felt it was moisture from condensation in the Intercooler and being sucked into the combustion chamber. Essentially I would be cruising for a minute or two at say 6000rpm and then gun it hard and it would hesitate and then go, I changed plugs as well but no improvement. Sping has jsut started here in Sydney and not had enought time to see if its still causing issues or not.
    My gut feeling was a problem with the Blow-off valve but did no testing, my thoughts were if the Blow off valve is slow to close when you grab full throttle then the air\fuel ratio would be wrong for a slip second. I never had it before I installed my BOV.

Cheers
    Dave 2011 SHO
    Sydney Australia

3. +1 by:

+1
    Hey dave im from sydney to mate. Im stuffed for options on what it is my blowoff valve is new. Im gonna go over the whole lot and hopefully its a loose plug or sensor i have no idea and im baffled and pissing me off

Hey dave im from sydney to mate. Im stuffed for options on what it is my blowoff valve is new. Im gonna go over the whole lot and hopefully its a loose plug or sensor i have no idea and im baffled and pissing me off
    Hi Again,

Just search this forum for "hesitation" and\or "stuttering" and you will find a number of threads with good suggestions from people who know more than me. Without having a meter with logging its impossible to see what my Air\Fuel ratios are.
    Many said it was the aftermarket Intercooler to blame but I still have my stock intercooler, I have a Worx BOV and a Maptun stage 2 tune with a ET low Boost wheel.
    I also have the vacuum for the BOV connected to the std engine connecter, just used a "T" piece to connect so I know its not ideal. I will take the vacuum from the manifold one day which is recommended by many - Maybe taking it from where I do effects the engine management momentarily. ie affects the amount of vacuum the engines gets when you pull the throttle.

Cheers

Dave

+1
    Ill check the blow off valve 2morrow but yeah mine is vaccumed off the side of the throttle body

+1
    Simples pull the BOV and fit stock pipe and check the issue again also as it’s a 2012 get YDS on it and check for codes... could possibly be a TPS issue check he TPS and TB operation as per the service manual

Ill check the blow off valve 2morrow but yeah mine is vaccumed off the side of the throttle body
    Hi Syk03t

Last summer I pulled off my Worx BOV and dismanteled it and check the spring tension and re-lubed the internals to ensure I was not getting any vacuum leakage. I recall adding a extra spring to ensure that when the throttle is pulled the BOV closeses as fast as possible. I was on the water last week for a couple of hours and did not notice the problem at all.

I am sure some others will have more ideas. I had no error codes displayed at any time.

Cheers

Dave
    2011 FX SHO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Simples pull the BOV and fit stock pipe and check the issue again also as it’s a 2012 get YDS on it and check for codes... could possibly be a TPS issue check he TPS and TB operation as per the service manual
    Yds ???

+1
    Thanx for that where did u purchase extra spring ??

Thanx for that where did u purchase extra spring ??

Hi

I just strectched the old spring a little and added a couple of washes inside the BOV so the spring has less room, this equals more pressure to snap the value closed.

Cheers

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information