Help 03 GTX 4tec supercharger rebuild

Hello, I have just rebuilt my supercharger the manual says torque the clutch side to 22LBs foot and install, the OEM parts arrived with an instruction papers and said grease shaft, needle bearings, collier, drive gear, friction shims, lock washer with topas 52 and torque to 21 LBS ft which I did, i turned counter clock wise (looking from the impeller side) and held the gear to dissipate the grease on the friction shims 12 times, it then said to hold the gear again with the special tool and test the slippage movement 80 lbs ft with a click type torque wrench, the wrench is suppose to click before the clutch slips, I am nowhere near that. If its torqued to 22 lbs ft how would in now hold at 80 lbs ft?
    any advice would be great.
    Many thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryankaty View Post
    Hello, I have just rebuilt my supercharger the manual says torque the clutch side to 22LBs foot and install, the OEM parts arrived with an instruction papers and said grease shaft, needle bearings, collier, drive gear, friction shims, lock washer with topas 52 and torque to 21 LBS ft which I did, i turned counter clock wise (looking from the impeller side) and held the gear to dissipate the grease on the friction shims 12 times, it then said to hold the gear again with the special tool and test the slippage movement 80 lbs ft with a click type torque wrench, the wrench is suppose to click before the clutch slips, I am nowhere near that. If its torqued to 22 lbs ft how would in now hold at 80 lbs ft?
    Many thanks.
    I think you should have an experience supercharger rebuilder do this for you... I am not sure where your getting the 80lbs ft from... I use a digital torque unit for the slip test.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryankaty View Post
    Many thanks.
    are you sure it docent say inch.lb

+1
    Slipping moment had nothing to do with the tightness of the nut on the shaft (unless its loose of course). The nut tightens to a stop on the shaft collar, no more tightening than the spec will increase the slipping moment as the nut can go no further.
    One measurement is the nut tightness, the other is when the clutch faces will slip against each other.
    You can add shim to increase the slip, but the nut setting will remain at 22 ft lbs.

Slipping moment, should be 62 to 106 lbf/inch, not foot.

Thread Information