Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ECU Piggyback

  1. #1

    ECU Piggyback

    Has anybody ever tried using a piggyback module, or power commander 3 on the R12X or F12X? Supposedly the ECU From the Honda Blackbird 1100 are almost "identical". Anybody have any knowledge or input?

    Thanks


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    wasaga beach, ontario
    Posts
    23
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ushamn View Post
    Has anybody ever tried using a piggyback module, or power commander 3 on the R12X or F12X? Supposedly the ECU From the Honda Blackbird 1100 are almost "identical". Anybody have any knowledge or input?

    Thanks
    You should be able to use any Power Commander 5 from a 4 cylinder motor and then be able to change fueling. It wont be plug and play. You will have to splice the power and ground wires and then splice the injector wires into the PCV and then into injectors.

    We did a snowmobile turbo project this winter similar to this.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by big_phil View Post
    You should be able to use any Power Commander 5 from a 4 cylinder motor and then be able to change fueling. It wont be plug and play. You will have to splice the power and ground wires and then splice the injector wires into the PCV and then into injectors.

    We did a snowmobile turbo project this winter similar to this.

    Thanks big_phil! I was hoping more for a "plug n play" from a blackbird motorcycle, but Honda likes to play hard. These machines are great, but not very friendly when it comes to modifying. Thanks for the input.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    wasaga beach, ontario
    Posts
    23
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ushamn View Post
    Thanks big_phil! I was hoping more for a "plug n play" from a blackbird motorcycle, but Honda likes to play hard. These machines are great, but not very friendly when it comes to modifying. Thanks for the input.
    \
    No problem. And i agree about the mods, its cheaper and easier to buy a different machine vs trying to do anything to these. If you do decide to use a PCV for fueling modifications, the tech support at Dynojet is actually pretty good. They helped me hack together 2 power commanders this winter to run secondary injectors on a turbo snowmobile project. You could do the same really for one of these machines, but I don't know if it would be worth the trouble without raising the rev limiter. It would be very simple to add 1 fuel injector and have it only turn on above 10 or 12 psi, but then again, I am not sure this would be worth it without being able to raise the rev limiter.

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    I've heard great things about power commender's customer service. However, my ski has just about every (worth while) modification out there, and its great for what it is. Think it just needs to be left alone at this point. Its relatively fast and damn reliable. If I want more speed down the road I'll just look for a unicorn F15X or get a waverunner svho.

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    wasaga beach, ontario
    Posts
    23
    +1
    1
    Ya, thats the way to do it. Its a shame there's not really any mods for the F15X either anymore, I picked up a mint one with only 40 hours last year. I plan on keeping it for a while.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How To: Install RR ECU after the knock sensor update 04 RXP
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 12:13 PM
  2. Aftermarket ECU or Piggyback EFI 1300R
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 09:38 AM
  3. rr ecu or piggyback
    By jeremy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 11:34 AM
  4. re program stock ecu
    By INDY27 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 12:48 PM
  5. Is anyone going to try the new ECU??? I may, My options
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •