Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    119
    +1
    2

    AFR on the ET137+4mm spacer with Riva Tune

    Are AFR readings needed for an ET137 + 4mm spacer, external intercooler, non restricted 4 inch air intake and 60lb fuel injectors when a Riva tune is installed with a 8350 rpm limiter? Don't like the idea of drilling the exhaust manifold and risk hitting or weakening the surrounding water jacket..

    Thanks


  2. #2
    Chrisx88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    105
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Are AFR readings needed for an ET137 + 4mm spacer, external intercooler, non restricted 4 inch air intake and 60lb fuel injectors when a Riva tune is installed with a 8350 rpm limiter? Don't like the idea of drilling the exhaust manifold and risk hitting or weakening the surrounding water jacket..

    Thanks
    Why wouldnt you want the spend the few extra $$$ to keep on eye on your motors health after putting the money into performance parts?

    I thought i saw a post of a guy on here that offerd a service to drill / tap the manifold for AFR.

  3. #3
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,990
    +1
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Are AFR readings needed for an ET137 + 4mm spacer, external intercooler, non restricted 4 inch air intake and 60lb fuel injectors when a Riva tune is installed with a 8350 rpm limiter? Don't like the idea of drilling the exhaust manifold and risk hitting or weakening the surrounding water jacket..

    Thanks
    Yes it is needed.
    All skis are different. Not to mention the climate where you ride will have an effect.

  4. #4
    connorrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    ontario/Michigan
    Posts
    1,007
    +1
    152
    I've never had an issue with a base riva tune with rude 2 or 137 wheel, usually it doesnt require adjusting. I know they are dialed in Florida and I ran mine in Canada, theres a good margin for error with their base tunes. They are very good tunes, it's just better to be safe than sorry sometimes it's kinda up to you.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    119
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisx88 View Post
    Why wouldnt you want the spend the few extra $$$ to keep on eye on your motors health after putting the money into performance parts?

    I thought i saw a post of a guy on here that offerd a service to drill / tap the manifold for AFR.
    I always thought that the tune is the extra money to avoid issues... I can provide variables to the tuner, like typical temperatures, elevation, water temps, humidty. Its wouldn't spin up more then 8200 Rpm as well.. Riva should have the tunes nicely dialed in with their base upgrades...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    119
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    I've never had an issue with a base riva tune with rude 2 or 137 wheel, usually it doesnt require adjusting. I know they are dialed in Florida and I ran mine in Canada, theres a good margin for error with their base tunes. They are very good tunes, it's just better to be safe than sorry sometimes it's kinda up to you.
    Interesting, thank you.

  7. #7
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,990
    +1
    1,407
    Without monitoring AFR, you are probably leaving performance on the table.
    What ski are you modding?

  8. +1 by:


  9. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    119
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Without monitoring AFR, you are probably leaving performance on the table.
    What ski are you modding?
    Its for a 2007 RXT 215hp with a siemens ECU. Thank you.

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    28
    +1
    7
    Or you can get an exhaust spacer and tap it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1475.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	441538  


  11. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    119
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRD View Post
    Or you can get an exhaust spacer and tap it.
    Just noticed your posting of this exhaust spacer. Great idea!
    Does the o2 sensor's end sit properly in the exhaust's flow when simply drilled and tapped to the top of the exhaust spacer or does it need to be grinded down to fit properly in the exhaust flow? Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2017, 12:10 AM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 04:46 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 07:22 AM
  4. afr on the 300's
    By Mike H in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
  5. question on the 08 rebuild kit with metal washers.
    By Promod1955 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •