Thread: 07 VX Sport

07 VX Sport

Going to be making my first purchase ... fairly new to skis this summer I rode my friends VX Deluxe 2017 and old wave blaster 1 needles to say I fell in love ... I found a 07 VX Sport for 1200 w/ 600 hours no issues in good running condition supposedly ... any common issues or experience others have had with the ski feel free to input ... or if I should just skip getting this ski lmk ... thinking it would be a cheap good starter for kids and I to ride w/out being worried about damaging a newer ski lmk what u guys think good price good ski or just stay away thanks ... 07 VX Sport 600 hours

07 with 500 hours wants 1200

+1
    Check compression as top end rebuild will be more than 1200 at a shop and at 500hours valve clearance should be checked, the motors can do 1000’s if looked after oil changed and filter regularly (every year) the hull can leak round the drive shaft common issue (fit a bilge pump) make sure it runs on water (not just a hose) and makes full rpm speed under load.

learn how to check oil (not like a car) and always replace what is removed when changing the oil!

Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Check compression as top end rebuild will be more than 1200 at a shop and at 500hours valve clearance should be checked, the motors can do 1000’s if looked after oil changed and filter regularly (every year) the hull can leak round the drive shaft common issue (fit a bilge pump) make sure it runs on water (not just a hose) and makes full rpm speed under load.

learn how to check oil (not like a car) and always replace what is removed when changing the oil!

Thanks !! Whats good compression for something this year with high hours ?

+1
    I’m not sure but search for the answer on here it’s a low output version of the mr-1 motor even compression across all cylinders is key and something in the 180psi range off the top of my head

Thread Information