2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO - how much water comes out during winterization?

I followed a winterization procedure that I found on another forum that was good but I wasn't sure how much water is supposed to be coming out during the blow-out process. I've owned this ski since new but had been taking to dealer for winterizing until now.

Relevant portion:
    1. Start engine
    2. Start water, let warm up
    3. Stop water
    4. Stop engine, let some water flow out first (left side cooling water drain stops immediately while the rear drips)
    5. Oil change, etc. is done
    6. Start engine without water, tap throttle, a bunch of water comes out, let cool
    7. Repeat step 6, almost no water
    8. On for short time during fogging, no water

I had the ski somewhere between level and tilted backwards but didn't want to raise higher than it sits on my Kubota BX as it was on the edge of the driveway. Should I lift it higher and try to push out more water, and then re-fog? I think the dealer uses antifreeze but most people don't recommend that in forums.

+1
    Any water left will be in the water box if you have followed the above procedure. A small amount of water will not do any damage in there if it freezers......but good practice to get it all out when laying up for a few months.......Take the exhaust hose off the top of the water box & wet vac the water out.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by volltrex View Post
    Any water left will be in the water box if you have followed the above procedure. A small amount of water will not do any damage in there if it freezers......but good practice to get it all out when laying up for a few months.......Take the exhaust hose off the top of the water box & wet vac the water out.
    i’ve not done that before might see what’s left in there any water in lines will drop to the bottom and sit in the rubber lines under the motor if I had an air compressor I would maybe blow the lines to move as much water as possible

Thread Information