Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    119
    +1
    2

    Seadoo 300 engine maintenance

    Hi everyone, very happy to be a member and hope all is going well with everyone.

    I have a simple question that many can probably answer.
    Is the oil type and oil change methods the same for the 300 engines as the older 4tec supercharged engines?
    Is there a service manual available for the 300s?
    Thank you


  2. #2
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    581
    +1
    48
    There is a shop manual available in digital or print.
    The procedures are basically the same, but the filter is updated on the 300 to include a wire supporting screen to prevent collapse.

  3. #3
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    Posts
    7,666
    +1
    1,855
    beacuse oil filters, like to collapse...like this....


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    119
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    There is a shop manual available in digital or print.
    The procedures are basically the same, but the filter is updated on the 300 to include a wire supporting screen to prevent collapse.
    How or where can I get a digital copy for a 300 engine? I also have a friend who purchased a scarab boat with 300 engines in it, 600hp!
    Thank you!

  5. #5
    Xspook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Space coast, FL (Brevard County)
    Posts
    1,263
    +1
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    How or where can I get a digital copy for a 300 engine? I also have a friend who purchased a scarab boat with 300 engines in it, 600hp!
    Thank you!
    http://brpmanuals.com/seadoo-manual.htm

  6. #6
    Here's another question. When winterizing, the manual says to remove the intercooler inlet hose to check for condensation. I tried that, the hose is so firmly stuck onto the intercooler inlet it would probably need to be cut off to remove it. Not practical.

    How important is this step and is there any workaround to removing the hose?

  7. #7
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    581
    +1
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Here's another question. When winterizing, the manual says to remove the intercooler inlet hose to check for condensation. I tried that, the hose is so firmly stuck onto the intercooler inlet it would probably need to be cut off to remove it. Not practical.

    How important is this step and is there any workaround to removing the hose?
    Pro,
    I was wondering if it was necessary. I doubt it. I think that a better procedure would be to take the inlet hose off the throttle body, start the engine and rev it a few times and see if any water blows out. You could then lube the pivot points on the TB blade as well. Check the spark plugs for any signs of water contamination.

  8. +1 by:


  9. #8
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,102
    +1
    2,813
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Hi everyone, very happy to be a member and hope all is going well with everyone.

    I have a simple question that many can probably answer.
    Is the oil type and oil change methods the same for the 300 engines as the older 4tec supercharged engines?
    Is there a service manual available for the 300s?
    Thank you


    Yes, the greenhulk store has the factory service manual, but Seadoo wants an arm and leg for it. Best to find a .pdf copy free somewhere. The greenhulk store also has the oil change kit you need and oil extractor if you need one



    Sea Doo 300 Shop Manual
    219100815 $149.95


    XPS Sea Doo 4-Stroke Oil Change Kit (for 300 HP)

    Ultra-convenient "all-in-one" oil-change kit saves time and money. Includes XPS Synthetic Blend Oil, oil filter, o-rings.
    295501156 $79.89

    Hydro-Turf Oil Extractor - 6 Liters

    This compact and easy to use oil/fluid extractor by Hydro-Turf makes changing the oil on your 4-stroke PWC, sport boat, ATV, outboard, and more clean...
    OIL01 $65.95


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS SEADOO 787r engine, triple exhaust ports
    By bigborexpl in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 07:56 PM
  2. Seadoo 717 engine
    By mightyjoe894 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 06:33 PM
  4. Seadoo Intermittent Engine Dies
    By jetskigreg in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 04:57 PM
  5. seadoo hx engine swap
    By wedoseadoo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •