Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

STX15F deals and pricing

Hi folks,

I am trying to decide whether i should pull the trigger this year on a leftover '18 stx15f or wait for the '19 model (same thing, different color) and get it in the spring.
    So far the best quote was 8K (before fees and taxes) which is $1700 off of msrp.

What's considered a good deal on the Kawi stx15f?

+1
    Considering the msrp on the 19 is 9700, I would think they should be trying to do better for left over stock. Remember, that is just manufacture suggested retail price and not a concrete price that the dealer can sell at. It's up to the dealer to how little of a profit they are willing to accept. Also your going to get taxes and such added to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodsatheart View Post
    Considering the msrp on the 19 is 9700, I would think they should be trying to do better for left over stock. Remember, that is just manufacture suggested retail price and not a concrete price that the dealer can sell at. It's up to the dealer to how little of a profit they are willing to accept. Also your going to get taxes and such added to that.
    Yeah, 18 and 19 have the same msrp. I read somewhere that Kawi pwc prices can be negotiated pretty aggressively unlike Yami.
    I am not worried about taxes for now as I am looking for advice from folks who will likely not be in my state so I can compare apples to apples.

+1
    You should shoot for a price below $8K WITH set-up "fees". If there are any '18 models left by spring they will be more eager to deal.

The price I got in writing is 8K plus tax plus local registration fees. No set up fees of any kind.

+1
    Last year same time I got 2017 new for $8500. Out the door
    Best I could get near me at the time. Drove one state away to get it.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    bring a pile of cash ( hundreds work best) for your best offer. plop it on the salesmen desk saying "I can do it for this, or not at all" and be ready to move along if he balks.

cash has a strange effect on salespeople. nearly as good as bringing your hooters girlfriend along to negotiate the deal.

you might get it for a couple of hundred off dealer cost. interest rates just went up and loans are a little harder to get.

cash talks

+1
    Keep in mind that if you take delivery now, you'll be registering, insuring and storing the ski until summer... all of which has a cost that eats into your savings.

Also, the warranty clock starts ticking as soon as you take delivery. If you buy a ski now, you'll have coverage for just one season. If you buy a ski in June of 2019, you'll still be covered under the warranty when you take it out in Spring of 2020... warranty lasts into second season. It might not matter at all, but it's something to consider.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFound View Post
    Hi folks,

I am trying to decide whether i should pull the trigger this year on a leftover '18 stx15f or wait for the '19 model (same thing, different color) and get it in the spring.
    So far the best quote was 8K (before fees and taxes) which is $1700 off of msrp.

What's considered a good deal on the Kawi stx15f?
    theres a place in deep creek md that was selling a new 2018 15f for 8k ..this was a few weeks ago..i picked up a 17 in april of 18 for 7900

Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    theres a place in deep creek md that was selling a new 2018 15f for 8k ..this was a few weeks ago..i picked up a 17 in april of 18 for 7900
    7900 OTD? or before NJ taxes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information