removing speed limiter

Hey all, I have had my 2017 GTR-X 230 for a couple months now and loving it. I am capped at 67 mph. Is there any way to remove the speed limiter without having to upgrade parts and / or do damage to the unit?

thanks

+1
    Speed Control Override Module (SCOM) from Jerry's store. Should give you about 73-74 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Speed Control Override Module (SCOM) from Jerry's store. Should give you about 73-74 MPH.

Great!! Thx Iíll check it out

+1
    The Riva SCOM only applies to the 260 and 300 HP models as far as I can tell. I have a '18 GTR-X and I find that the top speed is limited by the hull, not the engine. On the slightest amount of chop the pump unhooks, limiting any further speed. On my '17 RXT-260 (with the S3 hull) there is a pronounced drop in engine RPM when the indicated ski speed of 70 MPH is reached.

I just inquired and you are correct. The SCOM is only for 260 and 300 models. I either have to get a Maptuner x kit or Riva stage 1 kit with Maptuner x. I am not really interested in spending that much right now.

+1
    On my 17' GTR Im running 69 and touching 70mph with a Riva Catch Can, Riva intercooler and through hull exhaust. Stock ecu. If you want to gain a few mph you can try and do some simple mods like a intake or intercooler, but to gain anything more than that youll need to reflash.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoffer2490 View Post
    On my 17' GTR Im running 69 and touching 70mph with a Riva Catch Can, Riva intercooler and through hull exhaust. Stock ecu. If you want to gain a few mph you can try and do some simple mods like a intake or intercooler, but to gain anything more than that youll need to reflash.
    ok thanks for the info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drdarren View Post
    Hey all, I have had my 2017 GTR-X 230 for a couple months now and loving it. I am capped at 67 mph. Is there any way to remove the speed limiter without having to upgrade parts and / or do damage to the unit?

thanks
    The 230 HP skis don't have a GPS speed limiter like the 260/300 HP skis do, however they do have a low rev limiter, boost limiter and torque limiter that hold them back. Going with a Maptunerx tune really wakes them up. The MaptunerX tuning bundle packages are on sale right now in the GreenHulk store. You can run the MaptunerX tune on a bone stock ski, no need for any mods, but if you do add mods performance increases even more

RIVA Maptuner X Tuning Bundle Pack for Sea Doo Skis & Can Am ATV's

This is the latest "Maptuner X" tuning system which will allow you to reflash the ECU on all Sea Doo 2004 and newer Seadoo skis including the new 300...
    RS110SC-B $1,019.85 $899.95
    12% discount

... more info

what kind of changes would i expect using the maptuner bundle if i kept the sea doo bone stock otherwise?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drdarren View Post
    what kind of changes would i expect using the maptuner bundle if i kept the sea doo bone stock otherwise?
    3-4 mph gain with much better acceleration

Thread Information