2001 1200 Genesis Carb Hoses

Greetings from the UK!

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post! I need some help with my carb hoses if anyone can help!?

I have a 2001 1200 Genesis that I bought as a project (none runner) I have had the carbs off and rebuilt them with new gaskets etc, but when putting them back on I've noticed where the pulse hoses fit, the one nearest the PTO end has a hose going to the crankcase but the CDI end carb has the outlet from the carb but no hose attached?

Can anyone shed some light as to where this carb connects to??

Many thanks!
    Kev

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

The 1200 engine (and all other three cylinder red carb engines) has two pulse ports on the crankcase. One below the rear PTO cylinder and another below the MAG front cylinder.

The rear pulse port connects to the fuel pump on the rear carb, the front pulse port connects to the front carb fuel pump.

The center carb is fueled by BOTH the front and rear carb fuel pumps. The center carb does not have its own fuel pump.

Terminology note: The front cylinder is known as the MAG (magneto) cylinder.

The CDI is the electronic module inside the electrical box that fires the ignition coils, which are also inside the electrical box.

Oh yes, click here for lots more info

Many thanks for your reply and the additional info, really appreciate your help! I searched underneath and found the hose, hooked them all up and hey Presto it started!! ����

How long can I run it for if I connect a hose pipe to it through the flush connection? It is a couple of hours drive to the sea an would rather have it running right here before I go?

Cheers ��

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Many thanks for your reply and the additional info, really appreciate your help! I searched underneath and found the hose, hooked them all up and hey Presto it started!! 👍👍

How long can I run it for if I connect a hose pipe to it through the flush connection? It is a couple of hours drive to the sea an would rather have it running right here before I go?

Cheers 👍
    Two minutes maximum run time, if the jet pump and driveshaft are installed.

Remove the jet pump and driveshaft and you can run it as long as you need.

HOWEVER, the ‘reverse flush’ connection on the water manifold bar often does not provide proper engine cooling across all the cylinders. Some cylinders can run hot despite the garden hose flowing.

You can instead connect a garden hose adapter to the 3/4” ID main cooling feed hose. Disconnect the large cooling hose from the jet pump, located down low on right side of pump tunnel, then connect the garden hose feed.

Glad I asked now! Is it a big job to remove pump and shaft? It hasn't run for a couple of years an want to make sure it's right first so would like to run it on and off whilst I now adjustments etc

Thanks

+1
    Its recommended to pull and inspect the jet pump periodically anyways. Its easy UNLESS the 4 bolts are corroded into the pump base. If they break its very painful. Otherwise disconnect the reverse and steering, pull off the siphon tubes, remove the 4 bolts, then pull the pump off. The driveshaft is splined on both ends so it will come out too (usually, lol).

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Its recommended to pull and inspect the jet pump periodically anyways. Its easy UNLESS the 4 bolts are corroded into the pump base. If they break its very painful. Otherwise disconnect the reverse and steering, pull off the siphon tubes, remove the 4 bolts, then pull the pump off. The driveshaft is splined on both ends so it will come out too (usually, lol).
    That’s great, will give it a go over the next few days! Appreciate all the help!

Thread Information