Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2013 Yamaha FX SHO Cruiser Hull Damage Needs Repair. Please advise. Many Thanks.

Hi everyone, my name is Mike and I am new to this forum. I just picked up 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Cruiser last night. I am so new at this and I trusted the seller words that there are no problems with the jet skis. We took them home last night and this morning when I did the inspection I saw a damage on the hull. I have attached the picture. He washed the inside of the jet skis last night and this morning I see the damage area is wet. The water is not dripping just wet around the damage area. Is this fixable ? This is my first skis and I am so new with this. I texted the seller this morning and no reply what so ever yet and I live like 5 hours away from him. Please advise on how do i repair this hull damage. Many thanks Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yamaha damage.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	440787  

Can’t see to good, but any good body man can fix this easy. Look on utube and you may be able to fix it yourself.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Confirm the model year of the hull. Last two digits on the HIN number on the rear deck.

Is the damaged area part way up the front of the hull, so the damage is not in the lowest position as it sits on the trailer? If so, can you tilt the trailer to lower the damage enough to make it the lowest?

I am wondering if there is more water inside the hull, sitting just below where the damage is located as it sits on the trailer.

I think your hull has an inner liner, so there would be a foam layer in between the outer hull and the inner hull. If there is water trapped in there, you want to get it out before you seal up the damage on the outside.

I will check. Thank for the tips

+1
    Mike, welcome to the board as well. This thread might help to let you know what you are dealing with. There are many other threads and info on this great forum.
    They are tricky to get a reliable bond/patch due to the NanoXcel "filler" that is integrated into the hull, but I believe with patience and attention to detail, and lots of prep effort, you can achieve a repair. Yamaha also has released literature on repair guidance as well.

Josephew: I will do that thanks.

K447: I will check for the VIN and inspect everything tonight. Thanks

TimeBandit: Thanks for the link and great infos.

Finally the seller called me he said the gel coat on this type of jet skis come off easily from normal wear and tear. I don't know if i want to bite his answers. He said he will order the gel coat from yamaha.com for me to touch up. He said it should be easy fix.

+1
    Full and complete refund is what I would be requesting..

+1
    Well, Yamaha's do not have gel coats at all. Hull bottoms are just painted like the rest of the entire hull.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yamaha damage 2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	440865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yamaha damage 3.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	440866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruler.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	440867  

K447: This is the 2013 FX SHO Cruiser and the last 2 digits of the HIN 13 (this number i got from the title). I checked this morning saw water mark right below the gas tank. This is where the damage. Here are more pictures of the damage.

TimeBandit: Thanks. I didn't know. I don't think the seller know about this. That why he offered to buy me the gel kit for me to fix.

trckdrvr : Refund is no an option. Seller refused. I am hoping the seller will offer to pay for the fix. I asked around here and it is about $600 to get it fix. Will ask for more quotes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information