Possible water in motor need help

Had some issues with my 02 gtx over the weekend which forced me to get a tow back in. Wasnít a long tow or going fast at all but I forgot to clamp the hose off before being towed back in. What procedures or what all should I check or do before I try cranking this thing back up?? I want to make sure I havenít gotten any water in it and tear it up

Checked the oil it looks normal. Pulled the plugs they look dry and normal and it looks dry in the cylinders. Do you think I might have gotten lucky??
    When the water is forced back in where does it come through at? The exhaust manifold?

+1
    How fast was it towed? If slow, you should be OK.

Crank it with plugs pulled. No water comes out your good to go. The water feeds back the exhaust through the manifold and in any exhaust valves that are open.

Not a 100% sure but if I had to guess around 10-15 mph? The voltage regulator went out hence why I had to to it. So I can’t crank it for a couple of days till the new one get here. Unless I can take the one out of my 2007 tonight and try it but I’m not sure if it uses the same part

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Acosper123 View Post
    ... The voltage regulator went out ... So I canít crank it for a couple of days till the new one get here.

Unless I can take the one out of my 2007 tonight and try it but Iím not sure if it uses the same part
    Won't the starter motor crank the engine, if you just re-charge the battery using an AC charger?

4-Tec guys can confirm, but with the regulator removed the engine should still start and run, just cannot charge the battery, correct?

I think when that regulator goes out it causes all kinda funky stuff. Like my gauges won’t even come on ant the moment

Possible water in motor need help

Check your fuses it should crank and run. But may be over charging which may be blowing fuses.
    I believe the regulator is use in quite a few of the Seadooís. 07 should be the same.

+1
    if battery is charged hold throttle wide open and jumper the solenoid

Thread Information