Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xcharger on a 215 ski, no increase in top speed

I put on an xcharger from a 255 ski just rebuilt onto my gtr 215. Everything else is stock. I am pretty sure acceleration is faster but I have no higher top speed. I checked my injectors, they are 48 lbs. I have hit 66 on flat calm water with my stock 215 sc recently before the upgrade. With the xcharger the fastest I have seen is 64 but it was not perfectly flat. Max rpm with the xcharger on the digital display is 7800-7850. The needle gauge looks like almost 8000. I have the stock impeller so I thought I would be hitting the RPM limiter. Any ideas for why my top speed has not increased? I also did a fresh oil change, and have already double checked the oil level.

Quote Originally Posted by The fish View Post
    I put on an xcharger from a 255 ski just rebuilt onto my gtr 215. Everything else is stock. I am pretty sure acceleration is faster but I have no higher top speed. I checked my injectors, they are 48 lbs. I have hit 66 on flat calm water with my stock 215 sc recently before the upgrade. With the xcharger the fastest I have seen is 64 but it was not perfectly flat. Max rpm with the xcharger on the digital display is 7800-7850. The needle gauge looks like almost 8000. I have the stock impeller so I thought I would be hitting the RPM limiter. Any ideas for why my top speed has not increased? I also did a fresh oil change, and have already double checked the oil level.
    Washers slippin?

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Washers slippin?
    Only way to check is by checking slip moment?

Only way to check is by checking slip moment?
    If it hadn't been rebuilt for a coupla yrs before you installed it...I'd start there first anyway.

Making more power,but staying at the same rpm's won't do anything for top speed,you can repitch impeller if your sc'er is making more power.

I was under the impression that I was going to get higher rpms. I was not expecting much more top speed, I thought I had read to expect 2mph.

+1
    If you're making more power, with the same pitch prop. You WILL make higher rpm and top speed. UNLESS the ski still has the factory limiters in place. Rev limiter and speed governor. That being the case you can make a million hp and your speed will not increase, nor your rpm.
    If your GTR isnt flashed, you will never see over 8040. You have to flash a tune on it, the MaptunerX bundle from Jerry's store would be my suggestion.

8. +1 by:

I'm making 7850 tops, so something's not right.

I just checked slip moment: 12.5 ft lbs.

Took out some oil too. I thought it was fine but it is a bit higher than before my oil change. Will see if that does the trick because I don't know what else it could be.

+1
    I'm making 7850 tops, so something's not right.

I just checked slip moment: 12.5 ft lbs.

Took out some oil too. I thought it was fine but it is a bit higher than before my oil change. Will see if that does the trick because I don't know what else it could be.
    Have you flashed a tune on the ski to remove the limiters?

No I have not. I'd be happy with 8040.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information