Thread: Yamaha vx swap

Yamaha vx swap

Hey guys can anybody give me an advise?
    I have a clean running yamaha vx110,and recently I found a new vx cruiser hull for sale without engine steering wheel and other stuff so just the hull.
    My question is can I swap everything from vx to cruiser plug&play?
    Thanks

yes..but why?
    why not Just buy a cruiser seat?

Because my vx hull is beaten up and I want a change,and I found a new cruiser hull for cheap.
    So everything fits?

+1
    What are years of both hulls ? If they both run mr1 then yes but cruiser functions won't work still

Vx is 2009,and cruiser is 2017 and I dont know is he running on mr1,for me is enough vx functions on cruiser if possible

+1
    Good-news, generally Yamaha doesn't change much with the internal geometry (i.e. engine mount and drive shaft offsets) between hulls. However, you could run into small things like the hull bumper pads underneath the motor, slight re-shimming alignment issues, intake airbox routing, exhaust routing, etc... that might not otherwise qualify as plug-n-play per-say. I'd start by closely comparing the online OEM parts fiche diagrams and comparing shared part numbers between these two models as homework.

FWIW, I have successfully hull-swapped (linky) a 2012 VXR into a yester-year 2005 FX HO (basically re-powering my old FX HO mr1 with the newer 1.8L motor). Engine mounts lined-up perfectly considering the 7 year gap and being two totally different engines. Thus "hull-swap" is literally the game here, as I had to move EVERYTHING from that VXR (electronic harness & box, hull pads, engine mounts, waterlock, gauges, jet pump stator/impeller/shaft, and IB mid-shaft, fuel-pump list goes on ...) into my FX hull. The only things I didn't swap was the fuel tank, steering assembly.

Thread Information