Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Yanksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    494
    +1
    23

    Is there a trick to put this Hood Shock on?

    Hi All,
    The hood shock broke on me and I got a new one, how the heck you put this thing on if I start by the top it won't close if I start at the bottom it brings the hood out... any tips?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43524455_10214878590230315_6852504726018195456_n.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	440397  


  2. #2
    canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The wet left coast.
    Posts
    1,151
    +1
    125
    Unscrew the top of the strut from the plastic T fitting that goes in the hood then you can rotate the top and bottom plastic T pieces and remove them, reassemble in reverse order install the plastic T then screw the top of the strut into the T.

  3. #3
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    4,028
    +1
    781
    read this thread about hood strut repair, post #18 is my solution.

    ie, remove plastic T that breaks, drill a hole, install bolts, problem solved.

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=261624

  4. #4
    Yanksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    494
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Unscrew the top of the strut from the plastic T fitting that goes in the hood then you can rotate the top and bottom plastic T pieces and remove them, reassemble in reverse order install the plastic T then screw the top of the strut into the T.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5281.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	440440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5280.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	440441

    Screws? I donít see anything am I missing something?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Yanksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    494
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    read this thread about hood strut repair, post #18 is my solution.

    ie, remove plastic T that breaks, drill a hole, install bolts, problem solved.

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=261624
    so you take the top part of the T and replace with a screw correct?

  6. #6
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    4,028
    +1
    781
    cut off the T wings, drill hole, slide bolt thru hood and strut as in post #18.

    I assume your original strut broke in this manner, correct?

  7. #7
    Yanksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    494
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    cut off the T wings, drill hole, slide bolt thru hood and strut as in post #18.

    I assume your original strut broke in this manner, correct?
    Yes original one broke, just got a new one but its been a pain in the behind to install.

  8. #8
    canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The wet left coast.
    Posts
    1,151
    +1
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    cut off the T wings, drill hole, slide bolt thru hood and strut as in post #18.

    I assume your original strut broke in this manner, correct?
    After two replacement plastic pieces this is what I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfan View Post
    Yes original one broke, just got a new one but its been a pain in the behind to install.
    The plastic T is screwed onto the top of the strut hold the strut and unscrew the T from the end of the strut.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    117
    +1
    15
    Assemble the shock. Put it in the right place in the hood. Spray silicone at the shock supports. Close the hood n it will clip in its final position.
    Last edited by OP. LOCK; 10-10-2018 at 07:26 AM.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    Yanksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    494
    +1
    23
    I was able to force that biatch in... I will do the fix after this new one breaks again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a way to get this sand out of my OPAS?
    By TBaGZ in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 08:18 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 11:03 PM
  3. Is there a trick to adjust low setting on carb, while mounted?
    By jasonmd13 in forum Polaris Tech Tips and Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 08:38 PM
  4. Is there a trick to switch the speedo to mph?
    By K-Dubb in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 06:44 PM
  5. is there a trick to getting a prop off??
    By MR MAC in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •