Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 RXP-X Pump Wedge IBR Light

Just installed a pump wedge on my px 300 and while testing it during the weekend noticed that anything more than two clicks above neural trim causes the ibr light to come on and I would loose neutral + reverse + trim. I was looking through the shop manual and saw something about an ibr auto calibration with buds. Is this something that I could get done at a dealer to fix this issue?

+1
    The ibr system is probably binding and causing a fault. The bucket and trim ring are all integrated into the nozzle so when you change the angle of things you could be binding it up .

Everything seems to moving smoothly when moving it manually in override mode. Does the calibration from factory put any type of software limit switch that it would be hitting causing a code?

+1
    What code are you getting ? Witha. Wedge you are changing the amount of travel the bucket has going upward . There really isnít any limit switch on anything back there

Its a U0129 that pops up sometimes with a check engine light and sometimes with just the ibr light.

+1
    Its probably trying to tell you that the only way to run a wedge on that ski is to remove the IBR.

7. +1 by:

I will try to step down from a 3 degree to a 2 degree wedge next weekend to see if that changes anything.

Tried the 2 degree wedge and the same thing is happening. Anything more than two clicks above neutral trim causes the ibr light and safe mode. On the hose in override mode, the gate has complete movement without hitting anything, but while running the bucket hits a bolt at the top of the tunnel which is most likely what is causing the light. Does the ibr override mode not give full movement to the ibr? I think the next option is to try and add a little length to the Trim arm. Any ideas?

+1
    I've never heard of anyone running a wedge on an ibr ski, why do you even want to run one?

Well I mostly jump wake with my ski and for the few hours I had the 3 degree wedge installed it played a huge difference on how far out of the water the ski came. So much of a difference, I had people stopping me to ask how I was getting so high out of the water. If running a wedge with an ibr ski is not possible, is possible to keep trim and remove the ibr system?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information