RXT wont start after SC rebuild...?

Hi All,

Although this is my first post here, this forum has been a great resource for years. Rebuilt by SC for the first time at 85 hours, put everything back together (along with an oil change) and now the ski wont start. Turns over and cranks but cant get it to start. Ski was fine before starting this job. The weird part is majority of the electrical MPEM/ECU is in the front of the motor which was not touched. Are there any sensors or wires anywhere around the back of the motor that could compromise to start??? There are a million threads with skis not starting and I eliminated the basic troubleshooting, but none of them have any connection to a SC rebuild.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

+1

RXT wont start after SC rebuild...?

I believe the camshaft position sensor is back around that area. Reason I know is I just did the same thing on my rxpx 255. Did a bunch of things to it and in the process of putting everything back on I forgot to plug it in. It was giving me a code, and I plugged it back in, and it fired right up.

Not sure if yours is the same but itís up there on the rear side of the valve cover on the back side.

Yes i read something about the CPS as well. Do you know where/how to find it? I see a few plugs around the SC area, but i thought the CPS would be lower towards the bottom of the motor. Thanks again.

+1
    Somewhere in this area. Iíll take a better pic of the plug when I get home. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1749.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	440341

+1
    Here it isClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1751.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	440410. Those two connectors right above the supercharger

Yes i think this was the culprit, i played around was able to get it started, so thank you!

New problem: will not stay idling. Wants to drop below regular idle then dies (1200-1400 rpm). If i tighten the throttle cable to slightly open the throttle body, it will stay running and float between 1600-2000 rpms, however this is not a real fix. Could this also be related to new parts in the SC and maybe a new level of airflow past the TB? This one feels more like a mechanical problems vs electrical.

+1
    Cool glad to hear it.

Have you taken the outlet boot off the SC to make sure your oil seal is sealing good and not letting a bunch of oil through the seal and into the intake. That would likely cause issues. It might smoke more too while your running it if that was the case.

Iíd double check the fan on the charge and make sure itís good and tight on the shaft, no play and canít turn it by hand.

Try clearing the cylinders by holding the thottle wide open while cranking for 4-5 seconds then start normally. Check your plugs too.

Gatta be something with the charger seeing as it was what was worked on.

Yea I pulled off the outlet hose the other day, totally dry no oil. Fan is super tight so don't see that being an issue either. Plugs are only 10 hours old, but its a cheap enough fix to cross off the troubleshooting list.

Would it be a red flag if I left the cable tight aka manually increasing engine idle?

Thanks again for the help, appreciate the input.

+1
    Yeah you might be flooding it by adjusting the idle. That may be your problem.

Thread Information