Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canyon Lake

+1

Canyon Lake

Headed to Austin on business tomorrow and thought I might go ride Canyon. I have not been there before. Noticed several ramps are available. I have a Corp of Engineers pass, which parks are corp parks?

Any thoughts on areas to ride appreciated.

+1
    Just talked to the Corp. Most of their day use parks closed on September 30 for the season. WTH, our Corp parks are open year round in the DFW area.

+1
    Yeah it's pretty lame, if you go to north cranes mill boat ramp you can walk down to the water, launch and hang out. Pretty rocky, no place on the lake to beach. If I wasnt working all day tomorrow I would come meet you out there

+1
    Corp told me that Cranes Mill is closed until Friday due to a computer problem, LOL. A park closed because the computer wont let them reserve spots, so they close. Ever hear of a pen and paper.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty lame, if you go to north cranes mill boat ramp you can walk down to the water, launch and hang out. Pretty rocky, no place on the lake to beach. If I wasnt working all day tomorrow I would come meet you out there
    That would have been great. Always enjoy meeting GH folks. Always fun to run with the GP1800 guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    That would have been great. Always enjoy meeting GH folks. Always fun to run with the GP1800 guys.
    Jacobs Creek Park

+1
    Im pretty sure Jacobs creek park is closed for the season. Don't quote me on that..

Cranes mill park may be closed, but thats on the south side. North Cranes Mill is a county boat ramp where the road used to be before the lake was flooded into existence.

+1
    If you canít find a ramp on canyon lake travis might be another option but I donít know how far apart they are from eachother... there are boat ramps at pace bend that should be open, and I should be down there on Sunday or Monday, Iíll be the kid on the red ultra 150

+1
    I went to Jacobs Creek a week ago or so. It was open but we ended up getting right off the water. There was small debris all over. I'm hoping to go back before more rain comes. I just had my carbon seal replaced and I wanted to make sure theres nothing leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    Im pretty sure Jacobs creek park is closed for the season. Don't quote me on that..

I go there year round. So unless something has changed it should be open. They just close earlier this time of year.

+1
    oh ok, good to hear.. All debris should be gone by now. Im planning on going out tomorrow or Monday. I always launch at north Cranes mill when its open. If i feel like chilling somewhere i strap the cooler on the back of the GP and go hit the badass beach over by canyon park. you used to be able to pay and swim there, but now you have to either rent the pavillion for $75 or drive up from the water.. it is hands down the best beach area on the lake. no big rocks, no grass, no mud. It still has small rocks, so you need to anchor.

It has a huge area to setup the buoys, but it would be hard to get them all there lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information