Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Looking for 75MPH+, 2008 seadoo wake 215

Hello everyone, I have a 2008 seadoo wake 215 sc jet ski with riva air intake, blow off valve, opas risers and diva intake grate scoop. I'm the third owner. I currently run 68-69MPH via phone GPS and 66mph garmin GPS at 7980-8020 rpms (jetski dash showing 70) I don't know if my existing impellor has ever been changed. Prior owner said other things could have been upgraded from original owner. Is there a 8k rpm limiter from factory too? Would this impellor below work with my setup and would I gain any top speed. I'm happy with current acceleration. I also plan down the road maybe 4-6 months to upgrade to x charger 255 and 42lbs Injectors. My current stock sc had been rebuilt 60 hrs ago. Thanks, ron. I'd like to get this ski to 75MPH without a tuner or intercooler. Thanks

Solas SeaDoo Impeller W/ Wear Ring & Tool SRX-CD-14/19 RXTX 255 RXT RXP Wake 215

Well I guess I'll just have to find out and see. X charger, 42lb injectors and 14/19 just ordered. thanks Jerry.

+1
    If you want to go 75 you will need to tune it, best I got from my 215 rxt was 71 GPS and that's with ET127, injectors , fizzle, and some other mods, no tune.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    If you want to go 75 you will need to tune it, best I got from my 215 rxt was 71 GPS and that's with ET127, injectors , fizzle, and some other mods, no tune.

I agree, that a big heavy ski, going to need tune, RRFPR , and Fizzle along with what you already ordered.
    And if you do a tune, your will be reving 8600 rpm, so then your looking at valve retainers too. Flywheel bolts, would be a good idea too.

5. +1 by:

Why don't you wanna do a intercooler? Factory 215 are nowhere near as good as a fizzle

Thanks for the replies and advice everyone. I guess next step would be a fizzle and tune. However ran into some major problems now. Ski won't run right.

I had the x-charger, 42lb injectors, 14/19 and wear ring installed.

Starts up fine on trailer out of water no problem. As soon as I out into water. Was having problems starting, keeping it running, rough and hesitant. Then engine dies. Took ski home and changed spark plugs then tried to take it out on the water today. Samething happen. Anyone have a guess why it wouldn't run right in the water?

I'm guessing it could be a bad new injector I got or one of my coils is bad all of a sudden.

Ski ran perfect before changing those 4 items above.

Any help would be great appreciative.

what's your exhaust look like?

I was just thinking about my exhaust reinstall. When I moved it back to change out supercharger I disconnected the big metal t handle clamp closest to exhaust manifold. And not the two normal screw clamps on the blue rubber hose behind there. When I went to reinstall the metal exhaust to manifold it wasnt on very snug. I tried twisting the water box to line it up better and cranked down the t handle clamp. Seemed OK. But I may have a exhaust leak there. Would that case the problems I'm having on the engine not running right on water? I didn't put a mark before taking apart so I may of misaligned it upon reinstall.

A plugged exhaust or full resonator will give you the exact symptoms you describe. An exhaust rich intake will also make the motor run like crap....if it runs.

Not getting the V clamp back in place can cause uneven heat on the bell....causing it to break....into the WB...not unheard of.

OK, I should be OK. Only ran it 30 seconds x 2 in the water before shutting down. Can I put some Permatex Ultra Copper RTV Silicone 81878 on the mating surfaces before realignment and tightening clamp down?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information