GTR 230 - Plugged up Intercooler?

Trying to figure out if I have a plugged up intercooler. The reason for this thinking is the the intercooler vent does not or does very little water when running in water or on the hose.

The Ski is a 2018 GTR 230 with 26 hours and it has been run exclusively on Shawano Lake in WI. The lake is on the shallow side, sandy, and has an abundant growth of plants.

I do not have a strainer, yet but after all the reading I have been doing and if my intercooler is stopped up with sand i will be installing one before next season.

A few questions
    • What does the group say? Stuffed up intercooler?
    • anyone have cooling diagram for the newer skis so I can plan my approach to flush and install strainer?
    • other thoughts? I have not gotten any overheating Messages
    Best,
    Brahms

+1
    I have a GTR-X 230 I can't even see the tell tale stream of water coming from the outlet when I'm driving it. If you're getting full engine speed (around 8,000 RPM) and no other symptoms, you're good.

Now here's my lecture on strainers-YOU DON'T NEED ONE! There is a strainer on the water intake in the jet pump that will prevent debris (that is large enough to cause a problem) from entering the cooling circuit. Now, if the strainer is blocked by debris then you have a problem and you will get an overheat warning.

Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    I have a GTR-X 230 I can't even see the tell tale stream of water coming from the outlet when I'm driving it. If you're getting full engine speed (around 8,000 RPM) and no other symptoms, you're good.

Now here's my lecture on strainers-YOU DON'T NEED ONE! There is a strainer on the water intake in the jet pump that will prevent debris (that is large enough to cause a problem) from entering the cooling circuit. Now, if the strainer is blocked by debris then you have a problem and you will get an overheat warning.
    Thank you for the response and insight! When you run yours on the hose to back flush, do you see the stream of water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahms View Post
    Thank you for the response and insight! When you run yours on the hose to back flush, do you see the stream of water?
    There is definitely flow coming out of the indicator hose. This hose wasn't always installed on the stock BRP intercoolers so in the past there wasn't any indicating stream. My point is that if the cooling water flow is restricted, the exhaust system will overheat quickly and set an overheat alarm.

Thread Information