New RXPX300 long warning beep when engine (or just electric start up) is shut OFF!

This ski is brand new. Zero hours on it. It just went through it's pre-delivery inspection at the Dealership. When I hit the start button to turn on the electronics (when it got through it's check) and I hit the start/stop button or pull the lanyard off to turn it off the ski makes the long piecing beep and the battery icon comes on. If I do the same and actually start the engine and let it run for a few seconds and turn it off the ski does the same thing. The battery light warning icon does not light up during the diagnostics start up or when the engine is running - it only happens WHEN THE SKI HAS JUST BEEN IS SHUT OFF!!!! I have to press the start/STOP button to get it to stop screeching.
    Tomorrow will be my first day on the lake - I will report back - but I am half tempted to take it back to the dealer first - I mean, it was just in their test tank 5 days ago. It passed the BRP Tech's inspection.

+1
    Battery might be a little low use it or put it on a battery charger over night that should fix it.

Gonna have to go with "use it." Lake trip already planned and leaving in 10 minutes. Red Battery icon does not come up when ski starts it's pre-ignition diagnostic on the dial - so I should have enough to get me out on the water.

mine did this, turned out to be a loose terminal on the battery.. give them a check

Got it out - it ran fantastic. No warning beeps. Got it back on the trailer, ran it for 4 seconds - back comes the warning beep. I had it off and on for 6 hours on the water with no problem. I guess my boat tells me to never start it unless it is in the water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinSoCal View Post
    Got it out - it ran fantastic. No warning beeps. Got it back on the trailer, ran it for 4 seconds - back comes the warning beep. I had it off and on for 6 hours on the water with no problem. I guess my boat tells me to never start it unless it is in the water.
    You might want to have that batt tested it might be new or just cutting it , Iíve seen new ski with defective batt because they donít get charged 100% at pdi.

DR2006- thanks, great idea. I am going to do that.

Thread Information