Oil Vapor Tube Plug

Hi Everyone,

I keep getting oil into the intake system and clear tube of my ultra 260x. Oil level is correct and no water is getting into the engine oil. I want to plug off this tube that is causing the issue. Is there any problem in doing this? I think it is just for the emissions. Thanks the input.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inked20180916_174842_LI.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	439982  

+1
    Put it into a catch can at minimum so at least the engine can still breathe.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbizub View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I keep getting oil into the intake system and clear tube of my ultra 260x. Oil level is correct and no water is getting into the engine oil. I want to plug off this tube that is causing the issue. Is there any problem in doing this? I think it is just for the emissions. Thanks the input.

Purchas a 300x 2013 onwards style catch can..... problem fixed
    By leaving it connected it aids in lubricating the charger...

I was looking into getting the 300 catch can. Its near the end of the season so that will probably be next year. However I dont believe that will fix my problem as it looks like this hose by the intake connects directly to the bottom of the engine somewhere. It doesn't look like it ties into the can at all?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    that clear tube looks milky to me.....

It is. I know I need to flush out the inter-cooler again. I disconnected the tube for the bov a while back and put a block off plate. The hose I still left in place on the air box but the other end settled down to the bilge area. Not realizing how much air it pulled at WOT it actually started to pull bilge water up into the air box I think. So i am still dealing with some of that when I go WOT. That hose now is relocated.

+1
    . . . .
    I think it is just for the emissions. Thanks the input.
    Mostly, yes it is, as most of the gases that slip past the rings are at the time of highest PSI in the chambers - combustion - aka CO.

That said, some also warn of the potential of an unventilated crankcase can have a build-up of unburnt fuel vapors go BOOM.

Finally, while not being true here, yet in case someone else reads this topic and has odd-cylinder (pistons) engine, crankcase needs to constantly equalize via the breather due to there not being any inverse piston strokes. Therefore these breathers tend to 'pulse' in & out, so blocking/plugging would not be good.

Thanks for all of the info. I did not realize that. Is there a way I can re-route that house to still allow it to vent but not dump into the intake? I think the line does go to the bottom drain pain if I remember?

+1
    It sounds to me like you may have some hoses misplaced. The hose from the intake should go to the top of the catch can. The hose from the top of the valve cover should go to the side of the catch can. And the hose from the bottom of the catch can should go to down to the rear side of the oil pan. Check this first then look up the catch can mod or buy a 300 catch can like mentioned above.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for all of the info. I did not realize that. Is there a way I can re-route that house to still allow it to vent but not dump into the intake? I think the line does go to the bottom drain pain if I remember?
    Ive told you how to fix the problem..... the 250/260 catach can is nothing more than a can , and the oil passes straight threw into the how you are talking about..... after 12 years on this platform a 300x can connected correctly will fix your problem because it has actual baffling inside it.... and still keeping the added benifit of negative pressure in the crankcase system...

Waz

Thread Information