Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    +1
    Hmmmm, it sure seems as if that's my issue. So it would seem as if the slx specific cdi hears a little slower than the stator speaks. So, theoretically if I had working doohickey (modulator) it should work right now. Or if I swap out 750 stator and cdi it should also work.

+1
    Well, pulled the gas tank, changed out stator, flywheel, and cdi to all matching 750 stuff. Still does the same thing. My only guess right now is that I have 2 bad Fuji stators. Chances of that????? DAMNIT!

+1
    Oh, also measured voltage and frequency, with and without the "modulator" hooked up. Same either way so I don't know if the doohickey works or not.

+1
    Qwick update....just pulled tanks and stators from both machines. Other stators work in the running ski. The one with the spark issue still the same with a known good stator.
    Summary; ...all stators, cdi's and LR modules are good. Ground on ski with spark issues now resides on the right rear cylinder stud. Same issue persists. About to swap complete harness from 750 parts ski.

Conclusion:...I know more about the Fuji electrical system than Polaris, lol!!

+1
    Allright, so just before tearing out all the harness I realized that most all of it is for accessories. Stripped everything down in the ebox again, knowing now that the stators and cdi DO in fact WORK. Pic is how I just tested. Stator goes straight to the cdi, left yellow unhooked and used the solenoid hot just touching the red to power the solenoid. This rules out the LR module completely along with any other accesory wiring or trim that could be shorted.
    Guess what?..........SAME ghosting spark issue.
    The only thing left in the electrical system is the starter. I swapped it the other day with another used one I had. Possibly both these older starters are on their deathbed and causing some sort of crazy electrical interference. I have a brand new one here I'm going to try........there's nothing else left!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190314_181853.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	445724  

+1
    Ok guys, how's this for a wtf!!!!! New starter and good blue consistent spark! Every time I hit the button I get continuous spark now instead of 1 or 3 or none at all. So, I took the back off the old starter. Carbon dust everywhere....like, a LOT! And brushes very worn. My only guess is some sort of wierd electrical interference being transmitted through the ground system that the digital ignition does not like. Fingers crossed at this point and lake test as soon as the wind will quit blowing for a day!!!

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Wow...would have never guessed that!!! Glad you found the issue!

+1
    Still have to verify with a good lake test but looks very promising. I searched google and looked through every intermittant spark issue with 750 or 780. Most all of them were dead ended.......guessing the issue was never solved?? I did run across 2 different hot rod threads with 750 carbs (that's why they showed up in search results) where the starter was causing a no spark. Just real strange. Anyway fingers still crossed for the lake test.

+1
    Holy crap, nice detective work!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Wow, would have never guessed that. Weird....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information