+1

2005 rxp flipped. Riva SC straight up intake may have flipped incorrectly water in h

Long story short flipped today for the first time. I have a riva 4" (rear seat type) intake. Didnt attempt to start it. Towed in. Pulled spark plugs and there is standing water in each cylinder. Whats the proper procedure here its new to me. Headed home now. Battery was too weak to turn over... now the mpem is not showing up on the gauge or beeping... I hope its just the battery lol

+1
    I’ve never had experience with flipping one but I would think you’d wanna remove the plugs, make sure there’s now water in the intake, and then crank it a few times to blow the water out through the cylinders.

I’m sure some one else will chime in.

not sure why your battery is dead if you never cranked it over, but get a charger on it, there's more then likey water in the intake manifold & water in the oil. get a filter & oil, slowy tap the starter button to get out as much water as you can, blow off plugs & try starting it,your gonna need to do this over & over, but it will start, let it idle on the water hose for a bit even if it sounds strange, it will start running better after about five minutes, you can pull the oil out after its running, maybe buy some cheap oil to put in before using the sea doo oil because it will take a few times to get the milk out of it.do everything asap & take it out for atlease a 30 minute ride.

You may have introduced the water in the cylinders by towing it. Did you pinch off the manifold cooing hose when towing? Fresh water or salt? If salt do not let it sit , get it out now. Wd40 will help on connectors and even down the cylinders.

+1
    I think I have successfully evacuated all the water from the system and its starting and running fine now.

what's the oil look like?

+1
    Oil looks fine appears to be no water in it. I still plan to pump and replace. Got the new filter in the mail yesterday.

8. +1 by:

Thread Information