2000 900 stx loss of power

I am new to this forum but have spent a lot of time with old threads for help with my stx losing power as though it is starved for gas.
    I have checked everything I have read about including carbs, fuel lines, reeds, spark compression etc...
    the ski loses power now after just a short take-off from idle after originally taking a while to have problems. i seem to be able to keep power when i put the ski in reverse. Any ideas?
    Also another question: someone once posted that you should be able to check the fuel connections for leaks by blowing into the return line with the fuel tap shut off to blow pressure into the tank. Air blows freely through my tap.

any suggestions would be appreciated

+1
    Welcome aboard, joesue86!

Regarding blowing into the tank, explain how you're doing that. And, it the tank full or empty?

You say you've 'checked' the carbs, fuel lines, reeds, etc. Exactly what did you do? Did you disassemble the carbs? Install kits? Check the internal filters? Did you check the inline fuel filter? Did you pull the filters inside the tank? Have you tried running it on Reserve? Does applying the choke make any difference?

Removed the return line from pump and blew back through tap into tank.
    Carbs had been rebuilt just before I bought the stx last year. I disassembled all three to make sure there wasn't any blockage. Everything looked good. Reeds were all sealed nicely. Fuel lines and filter are new. Pulled the tap. Internal filters look clear.
    Reserve had no difference. Choke either.
    Thank you for your attention

+1
    Did you blow through the return line with an air compressor? These are low pressure systems, the parts won't take a lot of pressure.

So, did you look at the filters inside the carbs? What kind of inline filter does it have, clear with a screen or paper?

No I didn't see them. Inline is clear with a screen
    Where are the internal carb filters?
    To note: when I have the ski hooked to a hose, it will continue to run. Not totally smooth but does not drop out like on the water. Jet pump is clear,in fact I have it off right now & have checked all cooling & exhaust lines

+1
    Running on the trailer means nothing. Sounds like you have the correct type of inline filter.

The internal carb filters are the top piece in part # 16030 in this diagram: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....URETOR%20PARTS

Thanks, I will check them.

Finally got to inspecting internal filters. All three were clean and in good condition

+1
    Have you checked the pop-off pressure of the carbs? I don't know for sure, but I think it should be 15 PSI.

Are you running the stock flame arrestor? Are the chokes still installed? Do the slides move freely? Are the rubber tubes inside the flame arrestor in good condition (p/n 14073-3772)?

I have not checked pop off pressure. Not familiar with how to check it. Yes to the rest of your questions. I certainly appreciate your assistance so far. Had to put the ski away for the season. Try more trouble shooting in spring. I will be learning about pop-off

Thread Information