Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbm2001 View Post
    I now have a viable replacement TPS for the pigtailed units. These are a direct replacement for the obsolete Polaris pieces. Let me know if you are interested.

gbm2001
    Nice work on that TPS solution. I see your listing on eBay, your asking price is below my cost for the solution I came up with, bravo! EMM repair is my primary business, so my goal is to keep these machines on the water rather than having folks give up on them due to the high cost of replacement parts (especially the TPS).

Some questions and points to ponder below. I am asking in good faith, and I'm not trying to scare you away from the business!

- Is the current asking price an "introductory price", or do you have sufficient profit margin to continue to sell them at that price?

- Does your solution return to zero if it falls off the throttle body or suffers some other "detachment" issue? If not, have you considered a way to use the existing return spring? Seems the Polaris lawyers thought it necessary to add that feature to the pigtail TPS design.

- Have you considered the liability aspect of selling something that is a key component in a PWC throttle system? Without a limited liability corporation (or similar corporate shield), your personal assets are exposed to any lawsuit that might arise due to an accident or unintended acceleration (even if its not the fault of the TPS, given the aggressiveness of today's ambulance chasing lawyers...)

+1
    K447,

I am an engineer and weekend marine mechanic. A couple of years back I purchased a couple of Virage I skis on the cheap. I used your source for EMM repair and had one running in short order. After a couple of weeks of lake time the original TPS failed. I installed the one from the other machine only to have it fail as well. I figured this is stupid not to have a source to keep these machines alive. I researched off the shelf TPS and found a unit that had the same electrical specifications but opposite rotation. Luckily this unit had a through hole that allowed mounting it backwards. I fabricated an adapter shaft to go through the TPS and attach to the throttle shaft as original. Then a simple adapter to match the bolt holes and a matching weather pack plug and I was in business. It is honestly 3 minutes to swap out the original. Has worked perfectly all summer.

Cant message you, but id like one of these tps

Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Nice work on that TPS solution. I see your listing on eBay, your asking price is below my cost for the solution I came up with, bravo! EMM repair is my primary business, so my goal is to keep these machines on the water rather than having folks give up on them due to the high cost of replacement parts (especially the TPS).

Some questions and points to ponder below. I am asking in good faith, and I'm not trying to scare you away from the business!

- Is the current asking price an "introductory price", or do you have sufficient profit margin to continue to sell them at that price?

- Does your solution return to zero if it falls off the throttle body or suffers some other "detachment" issue? If not, have you considered a way to use the existing return spring? Seems the Polaris lawyers thought it necessary to add that feature to the pigtail
    HiPeRcO,
    I have considered these situations. Fortunately, I am good on price. These are off the shelf units that are proven in the field. I'm just changing how they are bolted on. Incidentally. They are internally sprung and return to zero if they fall off. Unlike the polaris unit that must be bolted on to spring return. I am not planning on running a business. I just want to help out some guys that have obsolete parts.
    Last edited by K447; 09-24-2021 at 05:19 PM.

+1

HiPeRcO,
    I have considered these situations. Fortunately, I am good on price. These are off the shelf units that are proven in the field. I'm just changing how they are bolted on. Incidentally. They are internally sprung and return to zero if they fall off. Unlike the polaris unit that must be bolted on to spring return. I am not planning on running a business. I just want to help out some guys that have obsolete parts.
    Again, Bravo

I recommend that you enable Private Messaging here, so folks that want one can get ahold of you

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    … enable Private Messaging
    There may be a forum restriction on Private Messaging with very new members. A response to scam messages being sent from newly created Bot accounts.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information